Hamer guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer guitars

80's - early 90's USA Shredder Hamers and Specials are so cheap and good that buying an import Hamer is pointless.

Re: Hamer guitars

I agree with Jerry and toejam. USA Hamers are among the best guitars out there. I've got two of them so I know of what I speak. The imports are decent, but would need better pickups and electronics to up the quality. Also, don't expect the fit and finish on an import to rival that of a USA. My opinion, instead of getting an import and upgrading it, spend the same amount of money on a used USA model. You really can't go wrong. Depending on your style of music, they'll have something that fits you very well. On a side note, the 80's shred-biased models don't relly hold their value very well. You should be able to find them fairly cheap. A Chapparal or a Diablo would be a good choice for metal, although if you find a nice Californian at the right price, snatch it. If you're more into some blue/jazz/calssic rock type music, look for a special or even an older sunburst. These will hold their value a little more, but damn they sound good.

Comment

Yep, USA all the way on Hamers. I have a 1984 Blitz and a 1986 TLE. I am on the hunt for a Short Scale Chapparel, oh ya [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I had a friend who bought a USA Hamer(had 27frets) like 12years ago.
        It played very good.
        Besides that, I never had chance to play one.
        I kind of like the Les Paul Jr. look like Guitar Hamer makes.
        Studio or something?
        Also old Steve Stevens Model.
        I wish to try or have one.
        [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hamers are the best bargain in USA-built guitars on the used market. My brother scored a Diablo for around $400, which is about the going rate, and I grabbed a Californian Deluxe with EMGs and rare finish for $275. Hamer and Jackson are of similar quality, but Hamer hasn't made any "shredder" models in the USA for the past decade, so it's getting harder to find them in nice condition.
          sigpic

Comment

Hamer guitars

Are Hamer guitars any good? What about the slammer series?

Comment

USA Hamers rule!! Older models can be found for pretty cheap. Here's my '95 Special FM, though it's now got chrome EMG 81s instead of the JB/'59. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] http://members.aol.com/stratotone/hamerflame.jpg
              I personally wouldn't bother with the Slammer or newer import series, but I hear they're pretty decent.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Gjermundsen -
                the slammer series is no better than any other korean guitar. i'd consider importing a $300 usa made guitar from the states - even with the duties it'll still be worth it.
                contact disturber.e at privat.utfors.se (replace " at " by "@") if you need more info, he's a swedish hamer expert.

Comment

$250 is too much for a Korean Hamer Diablo. I can get USA Diablos for about $250-350 in very nice shape. Go for the US model and don`t look back, the quality of the USA models are that much better, you won`t regret it, I promise you that [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.I saw a used Hamer "slammer series" in a local store.I think it´s called Diablo..it looks pretty cool and cost around 2800 (250$) new price is around 5990 (550$) i think..
                    not sure since we in norway use kroner and not dollars.The price can not be compared to any U.S prices since guitars are a lot more expensive in norway.The price of a Jackson ke3 for example cost around 10000 (900$)....

Comment

Working...
                    X