Should I get a Music Man JPM or a GMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a Music Man JPM or a GMW

I'm riddle with indecision. I love the MM JPM model but I'm also tempted by the GMW "Green Meanie" repro. What to do?

Re: Should I get a Music Man JPM or a GMW

Play them both and buy the one you like the most? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have no way of trying out the GMW. I like the JPM a lot but I think the GMW would give me a little more tone diversity. What are Charvel necks like? Are they as thin as a Dinky?

Comment

They are totall different from each other except they both have Dimarzio pickups.

Comment

i read somewhere that the jpm's have neck problems. i can't verify the accuracy of this claim, but i did see it on a board somewhere.
          from what i remember, the necks warp very easy but ernie ball will fix/replace them for free.

Comment

It was this board, I remember that too.

Comment

Yeah, some of the neck joints have been known to crack, but EB replaces them and has supposedly fixed them problem. I remember a few people here had that problem with theirs, namely Riot Watch. Whatever happened to her anyway? She had a cool EBMM collection!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man, she lives like 5 minutes from my real house...last I heard from her she was real busy with getting her new place together and stuff.

Comment

That's cool. Wonder if she ever did send the guitar back for the neck replacement.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure...she was telling me about her collection one day, and damn...she has quite an impressive collection, not only of guitars but amps and effects as well.

Comment

Never played the MM, but GMWs flat out rock. If you've ever played a San Dimas Charvel, you know what the GMW will be like.

[ September 10, 2003, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                        Man, she lives like 5 minutes from my real house...last I heard from her she was real busy with getting her new place together and stuff.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But how far from your imaginary house does she live? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

GMW man.. Go over the custom options list over and over and go crazy. Nothing is more exciting than opening up that case when it arrives. I just got my second and am planning on order another VERY soon. A friend of mine played one one for the first time recently, and describe it as "perfect". 2 Days later he was on the phone with Lee Garver (it was a saturday)

rich

Comment

Working...
                          X