Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on my new Strat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=47069&rd=1

Any comments on price? I think it was a fair deal for me. I played one here locally and really dug it. Geetar center wanted $899 for a plain finish, new on the wall of beat to crap guitars.

I talked to the guy, and he was a nice dude, he barely picked this one up in two months, and is getting mariied next week. His future ex wife made him sell it, as he had two guitars, and she figured he only needed one.

The Nerve! The way to train them is to initially have a real expensive hobby,like collecting swiss watches (my old hobby), so this guitar thing is like a drop in the bucket to the mrs.

The Pearly gates arent super ballsy, but man do they sound smmmmoooottthhh........

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Feedback on my new Strat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=47069&rd=1

Any comments on price? I think it was a fair deal for me. I played one here locally and really dug it. Geetar center wanted $899 for a plain finish, new on the wall of beat to crap guitars.

I talked to the guy, and he was a nice dude, he barely picked this one up in two months, and is getting mariied next week. His future ex wife made him sell it, as he had two guitars, and she figured he only needed one.

The Nerve! The way to train them is to initially have a real expensive hobby,like collecting swiss watches (my old hobby), so this guitar thing is like a drop in the bucket to the mrs.

The Pearly gates arent super ballsy, but man do they sound smmmmoooottthhh........

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Re: Feedback on my new Strat

Nice guitar but I am not a fan of the Pearly Gates. It is a versatile pickup but a little weak in every department IMHO. Nice score bro...

Comment

Nice guitar but I am not a fan of the Pearly Gates. It is a versatile pickup but a little weak in every department IMHO. Nice score bro...

Comment

Yeah, I will give the Pg's a try, and if I dont like them, out they come. Any suggestions? I already have an invader in my Delonge, that thing kicks.

What about the custom-custom? I thought about EMG. but that may be sacrilege in a Strat.
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Yeah, I will give the Pg's a try, and if I dont like them, out they come. Any suggestions? I already have an invader in my Delonge, that thing kicks.

What about the custom-custom? I thought about EMG. but that may be sacrilege in a Strat.
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I like those guitars a lot. I'm one of those wierdos who thinks Pearly's are cool, though.
              Good score, Shawn.

Comment

I like those guitars a lot. I'm one of those wierdos who thinks Pearly's are cool, though.
                Good score, Shawn.

Comment

Thanks Chuck. It has become obvious to me that I am not a Les Paul guy. Kept trying to like one, but to me, they are just heavy, fat slugs.

Although, I do sort of like the Sg..

hmmm..........

LOL

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks Chuck. It has become obvious to me that I am not a Les Paul guy. Kept trying to like one, but to me, they are just heavy, fat slugs.

Although, I do sort of like the Sg..

hmmm..........

LOL

Shawn
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Nice guitar, but you keep saying you're not a trem guy, then keep buying guitars with trems! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nice guitar, but you keep saying you're not a trem guy, then keep buying guitars with trems! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerx,

Floyd rose trem is not even remotely the same animal. No pain in the ass nut to deal with, string through body, and if I want to, I just throw a Hipshot in there.

Lets put it this way, I can own this one for 50 years and never touch an hex wrench.

I guess its just Floyds I despise.

Shawn
                          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Lerx,

Floyd rose trem is not even remotely the same animal. No pain in the ass nut to deal with, string through body, and if I want to, I just throw a Hipshot in there.

Lets put it this way, I can own this one for 50 years and never touch an hex wrench.

I guess its just Floyds I despise.

Shawn
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X