• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sneak peek, comming soon to a guitar store near you

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyApollo:
      It looks as though it has Sperzel tuners and a graphite nut. You don't necessarily need a locking nut with that setup.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly! There's no need for a locking nut with Sperzel tuners. Carvin does this on their guitars with Floyds, but they do offer an upcharge of like $10 or $20 if you do prefer a locking nut. My project Jackson body with Carvin neck that WarriorX7 is going to do for me will have a non-recessed Floyd on the body for divebombs only, and I've specified locking Schaller tuners for it instead of Sperzels.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyApollo:
        It looks as though it has Sperzel tuners and a graphite nut. You don't necessarily need a locking nut with that setup.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly! There's no need for a locking nut with Sperzel tuners. Carvin does this on their guitars with Floyds, but they do offer an upcharge of like $10 or $20 if you do prefer a locking nut. My project Jackson body with Carvin neck that WarriorX7 is going to do for me will have a non-recessed Floyd on the body for divebombs only, and I've specified locking Schaller tuners for it instead of Sperzels.

Comment

BTW, very cool guitar, Doug. I love the headstock!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, very cool guitar, Doug. I love the headstock!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Congrats!

I really like the "ghost" holding the guitar in the 3rd pic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And are those pickups totally flush with the top of the body? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I always wondered if you could do a guitar where the fretboard and top of the body were even, and the bridge and pickups were recessed into the body.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Congrats!

I really like the "ghost" holding the guitar in the 3rd pic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And are those pickups totally flush with the top of the body? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I always wondered if you could do a guitar where the fretboard and top of the body were even, and the bridge and pickups were recessed into the body.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

newc...i think the frank gambale ibanez was built similar to your idea...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

newc...i think the frank gambale ibanez was built similar to your idea...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

they arent flush, but everything is recessed in this guitar...a lot of planning went in to this and the other models of guitars...a lot of changes happened...everything designed on the guitar was for ease of playing and comfortability....we even changed something as recently as last week to make them more comfortable to play...is that a word?.....anyway....every detail on the guitar was thought out extensively....the way we do our neck throughs allows us to use more solid tonewood than traditional neckthroughs....our pickup mounts directly to the body and almost every part of the baseplate is touching wood.....the horns of all the guitars have what i call comfort routs, so you can get up high without any problems....and then just the design of using graphite nuts with sperzels and loyds is amazing in itself...if youve never tried a guitar setup like that you are really missing the point...it is so much easier to set up and tune than with the traditional tuners and locking nuts...our website was supposed to be done this week( a new one) but if it isnt ill finish the old one up and get all the pics on of the different models...oh and wait until you see the custom shop guitars...its so badass it got its own website

Comment

they arent flush, but everything is recessed in this guitar...a lot of planning went in to this and the other models of guitars...a lot of changes happened...everything designed on the guitar was for ease of playing and comfortability....we even changed something as recently as last week to make them more comfortable to play...is that a word?.....anyway....every detail on the guitar was thought out extensively....the way we do our neck throughs allows us to use more solid tonewood than traditional neckthroughs....our pickup mounts directly to the body and almost every part of the baseplate is touching wood.....the horns of all the guitars have what i call comfort routs, so you can get up high without any problems....and then just the design of using graphite nuts with sperzels and loyds is amazing in itself...if youve never tried a guitar setup like that you are really missing the point...it is so much easier to set up and tune than with the traditional tuners and locking nuts...our website was supposed to be done this week( a new one) but if it isnt ill finish the old one up and get all the pics on of the different models...oh and wait until you see the custom shop guitars...its so badass it got its own website

Comment

Comfortability might be a word, but I don't think it's used much. In this instance it would just be "comfort" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm hoping to score a set of locking tuners for the Star sometime, as it's now got an original original Floyd (non-fine-tuning), so I'll be able to experience the freedom of this setup [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Though I did have a Kramer with that Floyd once, and put some Sperzels and a graphite nut on it, but it didn't really hold tune that well - then again, it WAS a Kramer [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Comfortability might be a word, but I don't think it's used much. In this instance it would just be "comfort" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm hoping to score a set of locking tuners for the Star sometime, as it's now got an original original Floyd (non-fine-tuning), so I'll be able to experience the freedom of this setup [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Though I did have a Kramer with that Floyd once, and put some Sperzels and a graphite nut on it, but it didn't really hold tune that well - then again, it WAS a Kramer [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

comfortability - it sounds like a word to me. It may not refer to the actual comfort level of the instrument, but rather the instrument's ability to provide comfort. It sure sounds more attractive than a guitar that suffers from chronic uncomfortabilitilessness.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

comfortability - it sounds like a word to me. It may not refer to the actual comfort level of the instrument, but rather the instrument's ability to provide comfort. It sure sounds more attractive than a guitar that suffers from chronic uncomfortabilitilessness.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X