Ibanez Iceman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Iceman

I've been thinking of getting one of these for my guitar that I tune down a half step for. I love the shape.

What can you guys tell me about them. I don't know the model but they have one in the new American Music supply cat. for a couple hundred. They aren't the little scaled down ones either.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Ibanez Iceman

I've been thinking of getting one of these for my guitar that I tune down a half step for. I love the shape.

What can you guys tell me about them. I don't know the model but they have one in the new American Music supply cat. for a couple hundred. They aren't the little scaled down ones either.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Re: Ibanez Iceman

i have one...it's cool, but it was a pita to find the right pickup to make the asswood body sound nice.

mine's an ic500, which is a set neck, pearloid binding, abalone dots (dots?!?!)black chrome hardware. it's got a 1 3/4 nut, and the action is way low and slinky. i'd like it more if it were made of alder and a bit heavier.

i think the one you're seeing is the bolt on variety, yes? i played one that i didn't like very much. it just felt cheap.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i have one...it's cool, but it was a pita to find the right pickup to make the asswood body sound nice.

mine's an ic500, which is a set neck, pearloid binding, abalone dots (dots?!?!)black chrome hardware. it's got a 1 3/4 nut, and the action is way low and slinky. i'd like it more if it were made of alder and a bit heavier.

i think the one you're seeing is the bolt on variety, yes? i played one that i didn't like very much. it just felt cheap.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have a '79 Iceman PS10 that I love, but I wouldn't pay a dime for any of the newer ones. Sully said it best, they feel cheap. If you're looking for something that's $300 or so to have as a backup, you can do much better. The neckthru Musicyo Kramers and Jackson JS30's are much better, IMO.

Then again I might be a bit biased. My Iceman is built like a brick outhouse, and feels like it would take a large sledgehammer to do any damage to it. The newer ones feel like I'm going to snap them in half just playing them. If you really want an Iceman, look for an older model. I don't usually see "Just by one used" as a viable option, but it is in this case. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a '79 Iceman PS10 that I love, but I wouldn't pay a dime for any of the newer ones. Sully said it best, they feel cheap. If you're looking for something that's $300 or so to have as a backup, you can do much better. The neckthru Musicyo Kramers and Jackson JS30's are much better, IMO.

Then again I might be a bit biased. My Iceman is built like a brick outhouse, and feels like it would take a large sledgehammer to do any damage to it. The newer ones feel like I'm going to snap them in half just playing them. If you really want an Iceman, look for an older model. I don't usually see "Just by one used" as a viable option, but it is in this case. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
              My Iceman is built like a brick outhouse, and feels like it would take a large sledgehammer to do any damage to it. The newer ones feel like I'm going to snap them in half just playing them.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you know they made them cheaper like that so Paul Stanley could smash them easier on stage, right? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I actually had an Iceman obsession earlier in the year and wanted one bad... luckily it subsided and I never actually got one. Damn GAS!!!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                My Iceman is built like a brick outhouse, and feels like it would take a large sledgehammer to do any damage to it. The newer ones feel like I'm going to snap them in half just playing them.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you know they made them cheaper like that so Paul Stanley could smash them easier on stage, right? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I actually had an Iceman obsession earlier in the year and wanted one bad... luckily it subsided and I never actually got one. Damn GAS!!!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah, and Paul is using Silvertones now....WTF? I love KISS but Paul is an endorsement who#e. Have you seen that freaking acoustic wit his picture on it? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I thin the Icemans (Icemen?) are cool too, and I was thinking of building one from Warmoth parts. That will be a little more than a couple hundred bucks though....

Comment

yeah, and Paul is using Silvertones now....WTF? I love KISS but Paul is an endorsement who#e. Have you seen that freaking acoustic wit his picture on it? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I thin the Icemans (Icemen?) are cool too, and I was thinking of building one from Warmoth parts. That will be a little more than a couple hundred bucks though....

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya mean THIS?? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Talk about ultra-ghey! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ October 24, 2003, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya mean THIS?? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Talk about ultra-ghey! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ October 24, 2003, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]

Comment

Ooh, be still my beating heart! It comes "Packaged in Limited Edition Paul Stanley box"! Whee!

Check it it out, kids!

Not 1, not 2, but 3 shots of Paul's mug on the box! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Ooh, be still my beating heart! It comes "Packaged in Limited Edition Paul Stanley box"! Whee!

Check it it out, kids!

Not 1, not 2, but 3 shots of Paul's mug on the box! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like four if that's the box they come in....... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X