Im guessing it's a Kramer Pacer

what else ?

what is this ? good or bad

Im guessing it's a Kramer Pacer

what else ?

Comment

Re: what is this ? good or bad

Kramer Pacer alright

but it has a matching headstock and chrome hardware.

I'm trying to find out if it has a JB in it or not...looks like it

Also wondering what kind of wood is used body & neck, anyone know ?

Comment

Kramer Pacer alright

but it has a matching headstock and chrome hardware.

I'm trying to find out if it has a JB in it or not...looks like it

Also wondering what kind of wood is used body & neck, anyone know ?

Comment

First one looks like a Focus 6000...........

Comment

First one looks like a Focus 6000...........

Comment

Yep, first one is a Focus 6000.... Second one is a Pacer.

Hard to say for sure what that pickup is in the Focus, but it's possible it's a JB.. That guitar should have a real OFR on it too.. Kramer made two versions of about everything they made.. the USA or "American" version and then the Focus counterpart for us lower income folks! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They are good guitars for the money and I would say are comparable to a model series Charvel.. That one looks exceptionally clean.. My guess is it's worth about $200.00 in that condition.. Anything higher than that and you start getting in a real Pacer's pricerange.. about $275/$300. JMHO..

***edit***
              Didn't see that part about what kind of wood.. I believe that all the Focus guitars were a solid wood body, probably either poplar or alder.. Some of the earlier Foci were maple and it's clearly evident when you pick them up (very heavy!!).. The neck is maple/rosewood. Stay away from the Stryker series or anything that had a number on it lower than in the 1000's (like the Focus 1000, 2000, 3000, etc..) The Strykers, and the 100 series guitars were made in Korea and are more often than not "laminated tonewood" (plywood [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) bodies..

Hope that helps.

[ October 29, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Stephan ]

Comment

Yep, first one is a Focus 6000.... Second one is a Pacer.

Hard to say for sure what that pickup is in the Focus, but it's possible it's a JB.. That guitar should have a real OFR on it too.. Kramer made two versions of about everything they made.. the USA or "American" version and then the Focus counterpart for us lower income folks! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They are good guitars for the money and I would say are comparable to a model series Charvel.. That one looks exceptionally clean.. My guess is it's worth about $200.00 in that condition.. Anything higher than that and you start getting in a real Pacer's pricerange.. about $275/$300. JMHO..

***edit***
                Didn't see that part about what kind of wood.. I believe that all the Focus guitars were a solid wood body, probably either poplar or alder.. Some of the earlier Foci were maple and it's clearly evident when you pick them up (very heavy!!).. The neck is maple/rosewood. Stay away from the Stryker series or anything that had a number on it lower than in the 1000's (like the Focus 1000, 2000, 3000, etc..) The Strykers, and the 100 series guitars were made in Korea and are more often than not "laminated tonewood" (plywood [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) bodies..

Hope that helps.

[ October 29, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Stephan ]

Comment

Oh OK then it's nothing of interest

I tought it was an American Series.

Comment

Oh OK then it's nothing of interest

I tought it was an American Series.

Comment

Well, it sort of is - both were "made" by ESP in Japan, the "American Series" was just assembled in NJ.

The guitars are not identical, but, by this period, they're pretty damn close.

Mike
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Well, it sort of is - both were "made" by ESP in Japan, the "American Series" was just assembled in NJ.

The guitars are not identical, but, by this period, they're pretty damn close.

Mike
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan:
                          The Strykers, and the 100 series guitars were made in Korea and are more often than not "laminated tonewood" (plywood [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) bodies..
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL I have a Striker (600 ST) that's made of plywood, but it's kinda heavy. It sounded great with a DiMarzio X2N. However, the X2N sounded too bright in my Charvel Model 5A. Maybe the heavier plywood is where the tone is at? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan:
                            The Strykers, and the 100 series guitars were made in Korea and are more often than not "laminated tonewood" (plywood [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) bodies..
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL I have a Striker (600 ST) that's made of plywood, but it's kinda heavy. It sounded great with a DiMarzio X2N. However, the X2N sounded too bright in my Charvel Model 5A. Maybe the heavier plywood is where the tone is at? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hence the term... Laminated Tonewood!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They are heavy as hell though, it's all the glue I think!!

I had a 600ST that was Ply.. Hot pink! Man, you could see that thing from a mile away!! My first guitar way back in the day.. I ended up trying to sand that finish off and repaint, but Kramer was using some sort of industrial strengh paint at that time and I gave up.. But it was cool anyway because there were like four different shades of sealers, primers, base, and final color that it came out as sort of a weird "Camo" looking color that varied by how deep I had sanded in any given area.. I decided to leave it like that.. I wonder whatever happened to that guitar, it sure wouldn't have been hard to spot! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X