what is this ? good or bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is this ? good or bad

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hence the term... Laminated Tonewood!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They are heavy as hell though, it's all the glue I think!!

I had a 600ST that was Ply.. Hot pink! Man, you could see that thing from a mile away!! My first guitar way back in the day.. I ended up trying to sand that finish off and repaint, but Kramer was using some sort of industrial strengh paint at that time and I gave up.. But it was cool anyway because there were like four different shades of sealers, primers, base, and final color that it came out as sort of a weird "Camo" looking color that varied by how deep I had sanded in any given area.. I decided to leave it like that.. I wonder whatever happened to that guitar, it sure wouldn't have been hard to spot! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The industrial paint on that thing is insane!! Mine's got a million stickers on it anyway. It was my first real guitar back in the day. It's a dark blue (cobalt blue?) and I still have it, though it's been retired a few months back and now rests in its case. The original pickup is now back in it and I've still got the original single-locking Floyd II trem, but it got a real Original Floyd years ago. The old wood post screws are tilting forward, the frets are a little worn, the switch isn't even hooked up right since the X2N came out, and I pulled off the knobs to put on one of my Jacksons. I've got no reason to really play it any more, but I won't part with it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The industrial paint on that thing is insane!! Mine's got a million stickers on it anyway. It was my first real guitar back in the day. It's a dark blue (cobalt blue?) and I still have it, though it's been retired a few months back and now rests in its case. The original pickup is now back in it and I've still got the original single-locking Floyd II trem, but it got a real Original Floyd years ago. The old wood post screws are tilting forward, the frets are a little worn, the switch isn't even hooked up right since the X2N came out, and I pulled off the knobs to put on one of my Jacksons. I've got no reason to really play it any more, but I won't part with it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
          Oh OK then it's nothing of interest

I tought it was an American Series.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's just as good as a Kramer "American" which, in my opinion is just as good as a Model 2-Model 4.

Focus series guitars use the same material, hardware as American series. Floyd Rose, Schaller tuners..

I wouldn't dismiss it..

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
            Oh OK then it's nothing of interest

I tought it was an American Series.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's just as good as a Kramer "American" which, in my opinion is just as good as a Model 2-Model 4.

Focus series guitars use the same material, hardware as American series. Floyd Rose, Schaller tuners..

I wouldn't dismiss it..

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a japanese Focus...possibly the best bang for the buck out there. Don´t pass on it just because it isn´t an American.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a japanese Focus...possibly the best bang for the buck out there. Don´t pass on it just because it isn´t an American.

Comment

My old Focus 6000 wasn't too bad. One of the few guitars in my life that I've ever bought new. I didn't care for the tone that much, but that probably had a lot to do with the pickup, which seemed weak to me. The sound didn't have a lot of body to it--of course, I was still pretty much a "Les Paul guy" at that time, so I was used to guitars with a massive sound. It was certainly a durable guitar, and it comes with an original Floyd, which is an advantage over the comparable Charvel Model 2/3/4 of the period.

Comment

My old Focus 6000 wasn't too bad. One of the few guitars in my life that I've ever bought new. I didn't care for the tone that much, but that probably had a lot to do with the pickup, which seemed weak to me. The sound didn't have a lot of body to it--of course, I was still pretty much a "Les Paul guy" at that time, so I was used to guitars with a massive sound. It was certainly a durable guitar, and it comes with an original Floyd, which is an advantage over the comparable Charvel Model 2/3/4 of the period.

Comment

Awe man, now your making me think...

But still, it was like $290 inluding a hardshell case.

Comment

Awe man, now your making me think...

But still, it was like $290 inluding a hardshell case.

Comment

Well, thats not a super deal..

But, if the guitar is very clean, not a terrible deal either.

It's not easy to find a Baretta or Pacer for under $300.00, if the seller knows what it is.

I paid $345.00 (without case)last year for my 87 Baretta and most thought it was a fair deal.

Hell, keep the floyd, sell the rest.. you'll end up with an almost-free OFR

Comment

Well, thats not a super deal..

But, if the guitar is very clean, not a terrible deal either.

It's not easy to find a Baretta or Pacer for under $300.00, if the seller knows what it is.

I paid $345.00 (without case)last year for my 87 Baretta and most thought it was a fair deal.

Hell, keep the floyd, sell the rest.. you'll end up with an almost-free OFR

Comment

Why do the Kramer's have such a crappy resale?
                              Heck, Ibanez's and Japan Jacksons have better resale, not to mention actual ESP's.

The Kramers just seem to get nothing.

kent
                              4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Why do the Kramer's have such a crappy resale?
                                Heck, Ibanez's and Japan Jacksons have better resale, not to mention actual ESP's.

The Kramers just seem to get nothing.

kent
                                4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                                http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Working...
                                X