KH2 keep it or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KH2 keep it or ?

Just wondering what you guys think. I bought a used ESP KH2 in perfect condition for $950.00 including tax. I'm torn between keeping it and returning it for a full refund. I have a SL2H which in my opinion is a better guitar than the ESP KH2, but the KH2 seemed like a really good deal especially for the condition it's in. I have to think about possibly selling my Les paul studio or returning the KH2. Do you think it was a really good deal for the ESP or should I sell the Les Paul Studio? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

KH2 keep it or ?

Just wondering what you guys think. I bought a used ESP KH2 in perfect condition for $950.00 including tax. I'm torn between keeping it and returning it for a full refund. I have a SL2H which in my opinion is a better guitar than the ESP KH2, but the KH2 seemed like a really good deal especially for the condition it's in. I have to think about possibly selling my Les paul studio or returning the KH2. Do you think it was a really good deal for the ESP or should I sell the Les Paul Studio? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: KH2 keep it or ?

Sell the Studio.

Comment

Sell the Studio.

Comment

It's a Gibson. Marshall Tone, It was a spur of the moment thing with the ESP. It was there and so was I. I had originally narrowed it down to a SL2H or the ESP kh2 when originally looking for this style guitar. The Jackson won out as it was $1100.00 for a neck thru compared to $1600.00 for a bolt on. Not to mention that I had not played a KH2 because all that anyone carried was the LTD version which I didn't want. So when I saw it for 1/2 of a new one I jumped on it knowing I have 30 days to decide if I really like it. My problem is I like them all and the wife said one needs to go. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a Gibson. Marshall Tone, It was a spur of the moment thing with the ESP. It was there and so was I. I had originally narrowed it down to a SL2H or the ESP kh2 when originally looking for this style guitar. The Jackson won out as it was $1100.00 for a neck thru compared to $1600.00 for a bolt on. Not to mention that I had not played a KH2 because all that anyone carried was the LTD version which I didn't want. So when I saw it for 1/2 of a new one I jumped on it knowing I have 30 days to decide if I really like it. My problem is I like them all and the wife said one needs to go. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

is the KH2 a neckthru? depends on what U want it for. the KH2 with papers will hold value better than the jackson. imo ESPs are over rated & so is metallica, but people pay alot for the KH & JH esps. if your keeping it as a player hands down get rid of the ESP, for investment keep the ESP & sell the jackson or LP.

Comment

is the KH2 a neckthru? depends on what U want it for. the KH2 with papers will hold value better than the jackson. imo ESPs are over rated & so is metallica, but people pay alot for the KH & JH esps. if your keeping it as a player hands down get rid of the ESP, for investment keep the ESP & sell the jackson or LP.

Comment

does your wife have a 30 day return policy?

just jokes [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

on a side note what kind of stang do you have and how fast have you gone with it?

thanks
                  jon

Comment

does your wife have a 30 day return policy?

just jokes [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

on a side note what kind of stang do you have and how fast have you gone with it?

thanks
                    jon

Comment

No, she's well past the 30 day policy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I see her point as I just came home and said look what I found after getting her to say it was ok to get the SL2H. I have a 93 5.0 LX that has gone 10.27 @129mph. Setting it up for taking turns instead of creeping around corners with little skinnies.

Comment

No, she's well past the 30 day policy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I see her point as I just came home and said look what I found after getting her to say it was ok to get the SL2H. I have a 93 5.0 LX that has gone 10.27 @129mph. Setting it up for taking turns instead of creeping around corners with little skinnies.

Comment

Eh I don't think $950 is a completely horrible price, for a KH2 in perfect condition, considering the ridiculous price of the things new. If it were a neck-through KH2, then you got an AWESOME deal, but I'm sure it's bolt-on, eh? Hehehe...

I've owned the bolt-on KH2, and now the neck-through KH2...LOVE em. I've owned and own a decent variety of high-end guitars, and my KH2 is still one of my overall faves.

However, you're talking about a KH2 vs. a Les Paul. If the LP is a really great quality one, and you really love the KH2, you're really talking comparing apples to oranges. It really depends on what kind of sound, feel, and, for the incredibly vain and shallow...the look, you want. Just decide which type of guitar is more useful to you, and which you think will give you the most for what you want from your guitar needs.

Stu

Comment

Eh I don't think $950 is a completely horrible price, for a KH2 in perfect condition, considering the ridiculous price of the things new. If it were a neck-through KH2, then you got an AWESOME deal, but I'm sure it's bolt-on, eh? Hehehe...

I've owned the bolt-on KH2, and now the neck-through KH2...LOVE em. I've owned and own a decent variety of high-end guitars, and my KH2 is still one of my overall faves.

However, you're talking about a KH2 vs. a Les Paul. If the LP is a really great quality one, and you really love the KH2, you're really talking comparing apples to oranges. It really depends on what kind of sound, feel, and, for the incredibly vain and shallow...the look, you want. Just decide which type of guitar is more useful to you, and which you think will give you the most for what you want from your guitar needs.

Stu

Comment

Yes, it is a bolt on KH2. I personally wouldn't spend the big $$$ that ESP wants for a neck thru KH2 or relic. I feel my SL2H could keep paces with any KH2 neck thru IMO. I guess this KH2 bolt on could be compared to a DK-1 Jackson? I might be wrong but for $875.00 before tax it was hard to pass up. I guess I'm starting to lean towards selling the Gibson as it will be cheaper to replace than the KH2 even if it's the bolt on model.

Comment

Working...
                              X