Clear All

Re: KH2 keep it or ?

T

Comment

T

Comment

Sorry about that slip of the finger. The guitar I remember in cunning stunts dvd is towards the end of disc 1 and it clearly says LTD on the headstock and I'm 95% sure it is a bolt on. I think it has the skull and crossbone inlays except for the 12th fret. I also think it appears to have a single coil in the neck position? Maybe I was seeing things as far as the single coil goes. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry about that slip of the finger. The guitar I remember in cunning stunts dvd is towards the end of disc 1 and it clearly says LTD on the headstock and I'm 95% sure it is a bolt on. I think it has the skull and crossbone inlays except for the 12th fret. I also think it appears to have a single coil in the neck position? Maybe I was seeing things as far as the single coil goes. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

stu the bevelled one is an M1 custom, the m1 was a standard fullsize rounded strat ala Georde lynchs m1 tiger. the mirage/M2 is a rip off of the dinky/soloist like queensrych. then in the early 90's ESP started messing with the M's & the names. M1 custom doesnt exist & the mirage became the m2. back in the day they also used custom to designate neckthru, deluxe was bolt on, the M1 was the expection, as was REAL custom ordered guitars.

Comment

stu the bevelled one is an M1 custom, the m1 was a standard fullsize rounded strat ala Georde lynchs m1 tiger. the mirage/M2 is a rip off of the dinky/soloist like queensrych. then in the early 90's ESP started messing with the M's & the names. M1 custom doesnt exist & the mirage became the m2. back in the day they also used custom to designate neckthru, deluxe was bolt on, the M1 was the expection, as was REAL custom ordered guitars.

Comment

Stu, the one I'm thinking of is in my Justice tour book. It's got the Pushead pirate skull graphic on the body, reverse Jackson-shaped headstock, skull and crossbone inlays. I thought it was an MII, but the pic is too small to make it out on the headstock. The neck is natural, that's why I always thought it was a bolt-on. But upon further inspection, there's another pic of him from a side view, it appears it is neck-thru. I believe that was one of the, if not the first, ESPs that he got.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Stu, the one I'm thinking of is in my Justice tour book. It's got the Pushead pirate skull graphic on the body, reverse Jackson-shaped headstock, skull and crossbone inlays. I thought it was an MII, but the pic is too small to make it out on the headstock. The neck is natural, that's why I always thought it was a bolt-on. But upon further inspection, there's another pic of him from a side view, it appears it is neck-thru. I believe that was one of the, if not the first, ESPs that he got.

Comment

That was his first "Skully." The Skull and Crossbones were oriented a different way than later ones on the fretboard, it had the Jackson-shaped reverse headstock, and it had the Zorlac sticker with the Pushead graphic. That's the only differences from that one and the later ones. Check it!

http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/kirkguitars.html

Comment

That was his first "Skully." The Skull and Crossbones were oriented a different way than later ones on the fretboard, it had the Jackson-shaped reverse headstock, and it had the Zorlac sticker with the Pushead graphic. That's the only differences from that one and the later ones. Check it!

http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/kirkguitars.html

Comment

Ah, cool! I thought it was an MII. I was just checking that site out yesterday, only checked out James' stuff and didn't look at Kirk's.

Comment

Ah, cool! I thought it was an MII. I was just checking that site out yesterday, only checked out James' stuff and didn't look at Kirk's.

Comment

Well...I'm gald we have that all settled now! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keep the Gibby and the Jackson - dump the KH.

Comment

Well...I'm gald we have that all settled now! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keep the Gibby and the Jackson - dump the KH.

Comment

Yes, most of Kirk's guitars are neck thru. If you watch the Cunning stunts dvd towards the end you will see him play a bolt on LTD however. Still sounded good. I do believe the wavecaster is a bolt on also. Again I think the whole bolt on vs neck through thing is a little overated. My SL2H does have a little more sustain but is it enough to rip bolt on's? IMO no.Hell look at Yngwie, up until lately Iron Maiden and so on. I can honestly say the KH2 bolt on is incredibley fast and very easy to play. I like my Jackson, My Gibsons and now my ESP. I however wouldn't pay the $$$ for a new KH2 as mine was $875.00 with case and all the stuff. As for a neck thru ESP I'd rather buy 2-3 USA Jacksons for the same cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X