BC Rich NJ Neckthru series info wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich NJ Neckthru series info wanted

Does anyone have any experience with the new BC Rich NJ neckthru series? How do they compare quality-wise to say an import jackson (with which I don't have much experience either except for my brilliant '95 KV3)?

I have four USA Jacksons, all with relatively different neck profiles (San Dimas to USA Select and in between [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) and I love them all. Anyway I've always liked the BC Rich mockingbird model. But I'm not prepared to shell out $1500+ for a USA eighties model right now due to financial circumstances and these new NJ neckthroughs are relatively cheap to be had.

Opinions please!

BC Rich NJ Neckthru series info wanted

Does anyone have any experience with the new BC Rich NJ neckthru series? How do they compare quality-wise to say an import jackson (with which I don't have much experience either except for my brilliant '95 KV3)?

I have four USA Jacksons, all with relatively different neck profiles (San Dimas to USA Select and in between [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) and I love them all. Anyway I've always liked the BC Rich mockingbird model. But I'm not prepared to shell out $1500+ for a USA eighties model right now due to financial circumstances and these new NJ neckthroughs are relatively cheap to be had.

Opinions please!

Comment

Re: BC Rich NJ Neckthru series info wanted

if at all possible play it first. The ones I have played have been hit or miss. One at G.C. had a horrible fret job on it and they were not going to level them unless I paid $130 extra Ha ha
      But one at a local store play killer sounded killer, but by the time I went back with $ it was gone
      erik

Comment

if at all possible play it first. The ones I have played have been hit or miss. One at G.C. had a horrible fret job on it and they were not going to level them unless I paid $130 extra Ha ha
        But one at a local store play killer sounded killer, but by the time I went back with $ it was gone
        erik

Comment

I agree.

If you can't play the Rich, don't buy it. The quality level throughout the whole line seems to go up and down. I played a NJ virgin that smoked, yet every other *new* Rich I tried seemed no better than an LTD quality level.

I had an NJ Beast briefly and that was a complete turd.

On the otherhand...83-87 NJ Import...just smokin... luv em!

[ October 30, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

I agree.

If you can't play the Rich, don't buy it. The quality level throughout the whole line seems to go up and down. I played a NJ virgin that smoked, yet every other *new* Rich I tried seemed no better than an LTD quality level.

I had an NJ Beast briefly and that was a complete turd.

On the otherhand...83-87 NJ Import...just smokin... luv em!

[ October 30, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Does an 80s BC Rich fetch that kind of money? I mean...if you´re just a little bit lucky you could get two 80s Soloists for $1500 nowadays. It really is a buyers market for Jacksons right now, but maybe BC Rich still fetch top-dollar?

Comment

Does an 80s BC Rich fetch that kind of money? I mean...if you´re just a little bit lucky you could get two 80s Soloists for $1500 nowadays. It really is a buyers market for Jacksons right now, but maybe BC Rich still fetch top-dollar?

Comment

if u like kahler trems u can still find a 80's usa for around $500 which isnt much more than a new nj. i recently sold a custom USA mockingbird 1985 or 86 with kahler, 1 hum $500 & ive seen other for around the same price. also old NJs can still be had cheap if u look around & they are much better than new ones

Comment

if u like kahler trems u can still find a 80's usa for around $500 which isnt much more than a new nj. i recently sold a custom USA mockingbird 1985 or 86 with kahler, 1 hum $500 & ive seen other for around the same price. also old NJs can still be had cheap if u look around & they are much better than new ones

Comment

I had done a trade with option to return to a guy who runs an online store, part of the deal got me a BCR NJ Neckthrough Assassin. I've gotta say, in my opinion, it was much more solid feeling, decent sounding, and well-made than any other new new cheap-to-midline import I've played since an import archtop Soloist quite a few years ago. It was really a pretty decent little guitar, in general. I might have kept it, but I just really didn't like the neck profile on it (too roundy and thick for me), and I'd have wanted to change out the pickups, I'm sure. But, if it's a hit and miss thing, like I've also heard about BCR's whole line lately, then I'd agree, wait until you can afford something else, or get a used guitar. If you absolutely need something new right now, but need something cheap, check into Carvins, especially used...very high quality guitars. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

I had done a trade with option to return to a guy who runs an online store, part of the deal got me a BCR NJ Neckthrough Assassin. I've gotta say, in my opinion, it was much more solid feeling, decent sounding, and well-made than any other new new cheap-to-midline import I've played since an import archtop Soloist quite a few years ago. It was really a pretty decent little guitar, in general. I might have kept it, but I just really didn't like the neck profile on it (too roundy and thick for me), and I'd have wanted to change out the pickups, I'm sure. But, if it's a hit and miss thing, like I've also heard about BCR's whole line lately, then I'd agree, wait until you can afford something else, or get a used guitar. If you absolutely need something new right now, but need something cheap, check into Carvins, especially used...very high quality guitars. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

Thanx for the info guys! I'll be careful then. BC Riches aren't exactly on every streetcorner here in the good old Pays Bas so it'll be hard to play before purchase. But if what Erik says is true - and who am I to doubt him [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] - I'll keep a keen eye out for a USA 80's mockingbird. Especially since I love Kahlers.

Comment

Thanx for the info guys! I'll be careful then. BC Riches aren't exactly on every streetcorner here in the good old Pays Bas so it'll be hard to play before purchase. But if what Erik says is true - and who am I to doubt him [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] - I'll keep a keen eye out for a USA 80's mockingbird. Especially since I love Kahlers.

Comment

Originally posted by StuTDavis:

Stu
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">snap, well almost, a NJ neckthru assassin is my main guitar, and i love it, sounds good, and plays good, the neck is quite big, so not really for people used to ibanez thin planks, its my only real guitar (my only other is a cheapy starter one) so its the one im using on stage (with a friends jj4 as a backup)

from what has been said, try em first, you could get an excellent guitar (like mine) or a bit of a dog

David

Comment

Working...
                              X