Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Rich NJ Neckthru series info wanted

Originally posted by StuTDavis:
    I had done a trade with option to return to a guy who runs an online store, part of the deal got me a BCR NJ Neckthrough Assassin. I've gotta say, in my opinion, it was much more solid feeling, decent sounding, and well-made than any other new new cheap-to-midline import I've played since an import archtop Soloist quite a few years ago. It was really a pretty decent little guitar, in general. I might have kept it, but I just really didn't like the neck profile on it (too roundy and thick for me), and I'd have wanted to change out the pickups, I'm sure. But, if it's a hit and miss thing, like I've also heard about BCR's whole line lately, then I'd agree, wait until you can afford something else, or get a used guitar. If you absolutely need something new right now, but need something cheap, check into Carvins, especially used...very high quality guitars. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stu
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">snap, well almost, a NJ neckthru assassin is my main guitar, and i love it, sounds good, and plays good, the neck is quite big, so not really for people used to ibanez thin planks, its my only real guitar (my only other is a cheapy starter one) so its the one im using on stage (with a friends jj4 as a backup)

from what has been said, try em first, you could get an excellent guitar (like mine) or a bit of a dog

David

Comment

But if what Erik says is true - and who am I to doubt him - I'll keep a keen eye out for a USA 80's mockingbird. Especially since I love Kahlers
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kahlers are the bomb!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

But if what Erik says is true - and who am I to doubt him - I'll keep a keen eye out for a USA 80's mockingbird. Especially since I love Kahlers
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kahlers are the bomb!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X