LTD George Lynch Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD George Lynch Models

Baldy why donchya just pick it up and play on it for awhile, that should tell you if that specific guitar is a good one or not, or atleast if it feels good in yor hands.

I had one of the last LTD EXP 200 explorers, and it was a pretty solid guitar. It wasn't a USA or even a ESP, but it had a solid foundation to work on.

Re: LTD George Lynch Models

Baldy why donchya just pick it up and play on it for awhile, that should tell you if that specific guitar is a good one or not, or atleast if it feels good in yor hands.

I had one of the last LTD EXP 200 explorers, and it was a pretty solid guitar. It wasn't a USA or even a ESP, but it had a solid foundation to work on.

Comment

What would be a good price for one of these? I'm not familiar with them at all as neither they nor ESP's are very common around here.

Comment

What would be a good price for one of these? I'm not familiar with them at all as neither they nor ESP's are very common around here.

Comment

You shouldn't have to spend more than $400 to $500.

[ November 03, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: vitovanhalen ]

Comment

You shouldn't have to spend more than $400 to $500.

[ November 03, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: vitovanhalen ]

Comment

Most of the ESPs and LTDs that I've played weren't terrible guitars, just not particularly original, set up well, or fairly priced. I played the neckthru LTD Kirk Hammett model with the real EMGs and Skull inlays, it wasn't bad except the setup.

Comment

Most of the ESPs and LTDs that I've played weren't terrible guitars, just not particularly original, set up well, or fairly priced. I played the neckthru LTD Kirk Hammett model with the real EMGs and Skull inlays, it wasn't bad except the setup.

Comment

Go and find the one you are interested in an play it, long and hard.

I so badly wanted a Kamikaze. I'm a mjor Lynch fan and I think that is one of the coolest looking guitars.

3 times I went out and played LTD Kami's..

Everytime I was dissapointed, I rank them right down there with BC Rich turds.

I really wanyed to like that axe, but I couldn't.

A lot of money for a poorly made guitar in my opinion., neck is just awfull.

Comment

Go and find the one you are interested in an play it, long and hard.

I so badly wanted a Kamikaze. I'm a mjor Lynch fan and I think that is one of the coolest looking guitars.

3 times I went out and played LTD Kami's..

Everytime I was dissapointed, I rank them right down there with BC Rich turds.

I really wanyed to like that axe, but I couldn't.

A lot of money for a poorly made guitar in my opinion., neck is just awfull.

Comment

I owned a GL500K LTD Kamakazi. It has the same bridge design Jackson uses (JT580LP). The bridge humbucker is a Duncan Designed HB103B that is about 90% a Seymour Duncan Distortion. The neck single is a Duncan Designed flat single that doesn't really compare to anything, it's just a clear, high output single coil. The volume pot is push pull for either the humbucker or the neck single. No blending of the 2, just one or the other. The body and neck are exact to the specs of the real ESP Kamakazi. Some may argue, but I got it form a good source that they just CNC copied it from the best example of one of the origional Kamakazis. The neck is alot wider than most necks out there. This good because you don't really have to worry about shoving your top or bottom E off the fretboard. The graphic kinda sucks. It's a water transfer that is urithaned over. They could have at least put the pilot and the bombs on it. The body is thick and made of alder. Looks like it may only be 2 to 3 pieces at the most. The neck is thick and made of maple. The board is rosewood and has 22 jumbo frets. Last but not least all the hardware is black. Duh............anyway.

If you have a nice tube amp setup this guitar shines. I mean it really kicks some major a$$. Through a Solidstate setup it sounds kinda thin and weak. Don't ask me why, but I found this out when I tried to sell it. I went in one day to see if it sold and one of my buddies told me to try it out on a CRATE Blue Voodoo. I did and it was damn near Lynch dead to rights. I ended up keeping it because it sounded so good. I got home with it and plugged it into my Solidstate rig and played around with the EQ. I got it close to Lynch, but not like the CRATE BV. I tried a different pickup in it. I had the HB102B from my DK2 so I put it in. That made a big difference. I put on my Beast From The East live Dokken CD and jammed along. Nailed Lynch pretty good. I used it as my main axe for a while, but soon rediscovered my DK2 and found it to kick the crap out of the LTD Kami. Besides..........before Lynch went with ESP, he played a Jackson/Charvel very similar to the DK2 with the Bengle graphic on it.

Bottom line............if it's cheap, buy it. Why not? For a couple hundred bucks you really can't loose because it's a CNC copy of George Lynch's ESP Kamakazi. I didn't pay much for mine. It was $399 on clearance. I ended up trading it in on an Epiphone Les Paul that ended up getting traded in for a Fender Tom Delong that ended up getting sold off in the end. The DK2 embodies Lynch alot better than the LTD Kami.

Just my .02 cents.

Comment

I owned a GL500K LTD Kamakazi. It has the same bridge design Jackson uses (JT580LP). The bridge humbucker is a Duncan Designed HB103B that is about 90% a Seymour Duncan Distortion. The neck single is a Duncan Designed flat single that doesn't really compare to anything, it's just a clear, high output single coil. The volume pot is push pull for either the humbucker or the neck single. No blending of the 2, just one or the other. The body and neck are exact to the specs of the real ESP Kamakazi. Some may argue, but I got it form a good source that they just CNC copied it from the best example of one of the origional Kamakazis. The neck is alot wider than most necks out there. This good because you don't really have to worry about shoving your top or bottom E off the fretboard. The graphic kinda sucks. It's a water transfer that is urithaned over. They could have at least put the pilot and the bombs on it. The body is thick and made of alder. Looks like it may only be 2 to 3 pieces at the most. The neck is thick and made of maple. The board is rosewood and has 22 jumbo frets. Last but not least all the hardware is black. Duh............anyway.

If you have a nice tube amp setup this guitar shines. I mean it really kicks some major a$$. Through a Solidstate setup it sounds kinda thin and weak. Don't ask me why, but I found this out when I tried to sell it. I went in one day to see if it sold and one of my buddies told me to try it out on a CRATE Blue Voodoo. I did and it was damn near Lynch dead to rights. I ended up keeping it because it sounded so good. I got home with it and plugged it into my Solidstate rig and played around with the EQ. I got it close to Lynch, but not like the CRATE BV. I tried a different pickup in it. I had the HB102B from my DK2 so I put it in. That made a big difference. I put on my Beast From The East live Dokken CD and jammed along. Nailed Lynch pretty good. I used it as my main axe for a while, but soon rediscovered my DK2 and found it to kick the crap out of the LTD Kami. Besides..........before Lynch went with ESP, he played a Jackson/Charvel very similar to the DK2 with the Bengle graphic on it.

Bottom line............if it's cheap, buy it. Why not? For a couple hundred bucks you really can't loose because it's a CNC copy of George Lynch's ESP Kamakazi. I didn't pay much for mine. It was $399 on clearance. I ended up trading it in on an Epiphone Les Paul that ended up getting traded in for a Fender Tom Delong that ended up getting sold off in the end. The DK2 embodies Lynch alot better than the LTD Kami.

Just my .02 cents.

Comment

LTD George Lynch Models

Hey guys,

Are the LTD George Lynch models any good? Specifically the Kamikaze. I found one in great condition at a local pawn shop and though it looks cool, it had Duncan Designed pickups and I'm not sure who made the Floyd. Any comments are appreciated.

Baldy

Comment

LTD George Lynch Models

Hey guys,

Are the LTD George Lynch models any good? Specifically the Kamikaze. I found one in great condition at a local pawn shop and though it looks cool, it had Duncan Designed pickups and I'm not sure who made the Floyd. Any comments are appreciated.

Baldy

Comment

I played a used one at Guitar Center and I think there are better things out there to spend the money on. I thought it was poorly put together.

Comment

Working...
                              X