Fender Iron Maiden Strat and P-Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Iron Maiden Strat and P-Bass

just in case the pm didnt go through . theres one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38082

Comment

Check this out. Get an MIM Strat with a Floyd on it in black. Find a maple/maple neck on E-bay, put it on. Get an HSH pickguard in white/black/white and put a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the neck and bridge and use one of the singles in the middle. Make sure and install the chrome pickup rings. Add dents and scratches............there you go, an Iron Maiden relic Strat! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I too loved the Maiden Strat, but it's kinda far from what Dave Murray is using. I think the Maiden Strat was a collective of all 3 guitarists tastes. I like Dave Murray alot so if I were to get a Maiden style Strat it would have to be a Floyd Rose Classic Strat with a 3 single coil pickguard in white loaded with 3 Seymour Duncan Hotrails. That's what he's using these days.

Comment

Check this out. Get an MIM Strat with a Floyd on it in black. Find a maple/maple neck on E-bay, put it on. Get an HSH pickguard in white/black/white and put a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the neck and bridge and use one of the singles in the middle. Make sure and install the chrome pickup rings. Add dents and scratches............there you go, an Iron Maiden relic Strat! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I too loved the Maiden Strat, but it's kinda far from what Dave Murray is using. I think the Maiden Strat was a collective of all 3 guitarists tastes. I like Dave Murray alot so if I were to get a Maiden style Strat it would have to be a Floyd Rose Classic Strat with a 3 single coil pickguard in white loaded with 3 Seymour Duncan Hotrails. That's what he's using these days.

Comment

I don't see any of Adrian's input in the Fender Maiden Strat, honestly. The Hot Rails are all Dave, and the bridge JB Jr is Janick's. They were going to put three Hot Rails like Dave's, but I guess they decided they wanted a little difference in it and stuck in the JB Jr.

The Floyd, well... Adrian and Dave are the Floyd users, but nothing really signifies Adrian alone on that guitar. Not sure who's guitar the neck profile is modelled after, though.

I don't think any of Maiden's Floyded Strats were recessed, but the Fender Maiden Strat has a recessed Floyd.

Hmm... I'll probably get my buddy to build me one instead, except neckthrough, which is his specialty. And perhaps 24 frets, even though only Adrian used 24-fret guitars for some time. Hmmm... it's probably not going to be a Maiden Strat copy, but something more of what I want, anyways. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I had this idea in the summer to get my buddy to build me this guitar, but then I decided against it for now. Maybe next summer. This is what I designed on that KISEKAE thing:

Comment

I don't see any of Adrian's input in the Fender Maiden Strat, honestly. The Hot Rails are all Dave, and the bridge JB Jr is Janick's. They were going to put three Hot Rails like Dave's, but I guess they decided they wanted a little difference in it and stuck in the JB Jr.

The Floyd, well... Adrian and Dave are the Floyd users, but nothing really signifies Adrian alone on that guitar. Not sure who's guitar the neck profile is modelled after, though.

I don't think any of Maiden's Floyded Strats were recessed, but the Fender Maiden Strat has a recessed Floyd.

Hmm... I'll probably get my buddy to build me one instead, except neckthrough, which is his specialty. And perhaps 24 frets, even though only Adrian used 24-fret guitars for some time. Hmmm... it's probably not going to be a Maiden Strat copy, but something more of what I want, anyways. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I had this idea in the summer to get my buddy to build me this guitar, but then I decided against it for now. Maybe next summer. This is what I designed on that KISEKAE thing:

Comment

$850 is way to much for those, you can get used recent(solid color) USA SL1s and 2s for that much, i would probably say about $350-400 would be about right, they aren`t USA made strats if I remember correctly? Jack.

Comment

$850 is way to much for those, you can get used recent(solid color) USA SL1s and 2s for that much, i would probably say about $350-400 would be about right, they aren`t USA made strats if I remember correctly? Jack.

Comment

The dealer here sold theirs last month.

Comment

The dealer here sold theirs last month.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Trypp! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Ahhh no problem... I'll wait until I see one for a killer price. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Slayer, you're right, they're NOT USA Strats. The Maiden Strat and P-Bass were made in Japan. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the update, Trypp! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Ahhh no problem... I'll wait until I see one for a killer price. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Slayer, you're right, they're NOT USA Strats. The Maiden Strat and P-Bass were made in Japan. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I was really into those when I first saw them and the stock electronics/bridge are cool for a fender. But I was totally turned off when I actually had a chance to play one. The thing was made in Korea (or Mex??) and the quality control was for ****. PLus the neck shape was very fender (read baseball bat). On top of that, it just felt like a cheap $250 guitar that Mars Music wanted well over $500 for because it had the fender name and some decent hardware.

May be that a good set up, fret level and file (especially on the edges) could do the trick, but IMHO, you are better off saving for something else.

[ November 12, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: RR05xx ]
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I was really into those when I first saw them and the stock electronics/bridge are cool for a fender. But I was totally turned off when I actually had a chance to play one. The thing was made in Korea (or Mex??) and the quality control was for ****. PLus the neck shape was very fender (read baseball bat). On top of that, it just felt like a cheap $250 guitar that Mars Music wanted well over $500 for because it had the fender name and some decent hardware.

May be that a good set up, fret level and file (especially on the edges) could do the trick, but IMHO, you are better off saving for something else.

[ November 12, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: RR05xx ]
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

they are made in Japan, and the one i played was very good, but not worth the money fender wanted for it!

Comment

they are made in Japan, and the one i played was very good, but not worth the money fender wanted for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X