Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yepp...what LPC said. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

If you are patient and persistent, you can find a good deal on a LP. Have you considered a Studio ? Basicly the same guitar minus the decorative binding for $1000 less. I picked up my white LP Studio w/Ebony Board for $550. (Highway-Robbery) It is great condition and the only thing is I have started to wear out the switch doing my Randy switchin. I got it with the sole intention of re-selling it and making a couple bucks, I do that sometimes, but once I played it I new I found a keeper.

Matt

[ November 06, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: OnlineStageGear ]

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:

I picked up my white LP Studio w/Ebony Board for $550. (Highway-Robbery)
      Matt
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, that's what I paid for mine new in 89! I love it!

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:

I picked up my white LP Studio w/Ebony Board for $550. (Highway-Robbery)
        Matt
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, that's what I paid for mine new in 89! I love it!

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah... I got my 89 white LP Custom for $600 bucks! It has been played and has lots of little nicks and scratches but it is all there and it looks like all the other used ones in the Guitar Center... I got a smokin deal from a friend though... Keep lookin... They're out there.

Comment

Yeah... I got my 89 white LP Custom for $600 bucks! It has been played and has lots of little nicks and scratches but it is all there and it looks like all the other used ones in the Guitar Center... I got a smokin deal from a friend though... Keep lookin... They're out there.

Comment

A good place to check is Daddy's Junky Music....they are in the Northeast..but they can find a lot of stuff, usually pretty reasonable.

House of Guitars in Rochester, NY also has a big selection of used stuff...a lot of high end stuff too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

A good place to check is Daddy's Junky Music....they are in the Northeast..but they can find a lot of stuff, usually pretty reasonable.

House of Guitars in Rochester, NY also has a big selection of used stuff...a lot of high end stuff too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with Matt, those Les Paul Studios actually sound great and for not too much $. I just picked up a used Blue Teal Flip Flop Studio Les Paul off E-Bay a couple weeks ago. I plugged into a small practice amp and the thing was pretty impressive!
                  Don't get me wrong, to me there is nothing like a USA Jackson. But for the price some of these Studios go for on E-Bay they're worth considering.

Rudy
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I agree with Matt, those Les Paul Studios actually sound great and for not too much $. I just picked up a used Blue Teal Flip Flop Studio Les Paul off E-Bay a couple weeks ago. I plugged into a small practice amp and the thing was pretty impressive!
                    Don't get me wrong, to me there is nothing like a USA Jackson. But for the price some of these Studios go for on E-Bay they're worth considering.

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

A studio is more like a std than a custom. The rosewood board is the main thing. Plus a thinnner top and no binding. But yeah its similar toa stsd paul. And yes the LP Custom is now a custom shop critter only. Gibson will be doing the Les Paul supreme though. Carved top and back and alot more colors and finishes and the Super 500 inlays instead of the blocks. The good les pauls for killer deals are out there. Just look at my 76 LP Custom for 500 bucks Thats a good price on a harder to find color. If you can afford it go for it.
                      Gil

Comment

A studio is more like a std than a custom. The rosewood board is the main thing. Plus a thinnner top and no binding. But yeah its similar toa stsd paul. And yes the LP Custom is now a custom shop critter only. Gibson will be doing the Les Paul supreme though. Carved top and back and alot more colors and finishes and the Super 500 inlays instead of the blocks. The good les pauls for killer deals are out there. Just look at my 76 LP Custom for 500 bucks Thats a good price on a harder to find color. If you can afford it go for it.
                        Gil

Comment

yea my dad has a les paul studio.but he wants what he days a "real" les paul like a 1958 reissue or custom

Comment

yea my dad has a les paul studio.but he wants what he days a "real" les paul like a 1958 reissue or custom

Comment

Working...
                            X