Godin LGX VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godin LGX VERY IMPRESSIVE!

I just got in a Godin LGX and i must say.. VERY IMPRESSIVE!
    The versatility is AMAZING. I'd say it is the PERFECT guitar except for the bolt-neck.

Mine has everything I LOVE in a guitar:
    Stunning good looks with a 1/4" thick quilt maple top, 2 EMG's, 3 input jacks! 1 mono for the EMG's and two stereo for the piezo pickup. 1 is a dedicated input and the other is a "blend" input. You can actually run 3 chords to 3 different amps and switch between acoustic sounds or electric OR combine them both to sound like 2 different guitars playing at the same time!

The neck is VERY comfortable and the guitar is solid as a rock! What a great guitar.

I was thinkin about pickin up a Carvin AE185 to have an electric/acoustic around the house but I would never even consider it after playing this outstanding instrument.

Definately a great studio axe to cover everything you could ever want to record. WOW is all i can say every time I pick it up-GREAT GUITAR GUYS! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Godin LGX VERY IMPRESSIVE!

I just got in a Godin LGX and i must say.. VERY IMPRESSIVE!
    The versatility is AMAZING. I'd say it is the PERFECT guitar except for the bolt-neck.

Mine has everything I LOVE in a guitar:
    Stunning good looks with a 1/4" thick quilt maple top, 2 EMG's, 3 input jacks! 1 mono for the EMG's and two stereo for the piezo pickup. 1 is a dedicated input and the other is a "blend" input. You can actually run 3 chords to 3 different amps and switch between acoustic sounds or electric OR combine them both to sound like 2 different guitars playing at the same time!

The neck is VERY comfortable and the guitar is solid as a rock! What a great guitar.

I was thinkin about pickin up a Carvin AE185 to have an electric/acoustic around the house but I would never even consider it after playing this outstanding instrument.

Definately a great studio axe to cover everything you could ever want to record. WOW is all i can say every time I pick it up-GREAT GUITAR GUYS! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Godin LGX VERY IMPRESSIVE!

I'd say this calls for a pic!

Comment

Comment

Godin make great guitars, but everytime I see one, its fitted with those skinny tall frets, which ruin the guitar.........

Comment

Godin make great guitars, but everytime I see one, its fitted with those skinny tall frets, which ruin the guitar.........

Comment

what Chuck said. i just got a lgxt a few weeks ago and i'm very impressed with it. i decided to sacrifice a guitar to get this one just for the synth output. Well it's blown me away as a regular electric as well. The acoustic sound isn't really my thing so I can't comment on it, but mixed with the magnetic or with the hex outputs it adds a whole new dimension. I was intending to replace the pickups with some zebras I had lying around, but the stock duncan custom custom custom and jazz ii sound great in it. I dig the mahogany neck a lot. Acoustically, the guitar has a very nice ring. Upper fret access is there, but not the most comfy due to the single cut design. I can't find any other aspects not to my liking. I gotta say, used godins are exceptional guitars for the money.

[ November 06, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Jerry From Ghana ]

Comment

what Chuck said. i just got a lgxt a few weeks ago and i'm very impressed with it. i decided to sacrifice a guitar to get this one just for the synth output. Well it's blown me away as a regular electric as well. The acoustic sound isn't really my thing so I can't comment on it, but mixed with the magnetic or with the hex outputs it adds a whole new dimension. I was intending to replace the pickups with some zebras I had lying around, but the stock duncan custom custom custom and jazz ii sound great in it. I dig the mahogany neck a lot. Acoustically, the guitar has a very nice ring. Upper fret access is there, but not the most comfy due to the single cut design. I can't find any other aspects not to my liking. I gotta say, used godins are exceptional guitars for the money.

[ November 06, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Jerry From Ghana ]

Comment

Awesome!! I've heard nothing but great things about Godin. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome!! I've heard nothing but great things about Godin. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ask and you shall recieve:

Mine is the non midi model and I LOVE IT! Mine also has EMG's (85 bridge and 81 neck-different, but it sounds cool) adn it is just georgeous to look at.

Kinda like a Les paul with Down Syndrome or something..

[ November 07, 2003, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: kickaxeguitars ]

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ask and you shall recieve:

Mine is the non midi model and I LOVE IT! Mine also has EMG's (85 bridge and 81 neck-different, but it sounds cool) adn it is just georgeous to look at.

Kinda like a Les paul with Down Syndrome or something..

[ November 07, 2003, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: kickaxeguitars ]

Comment

I have debated over a Godin LGX many times in the past and just have not pulled the trigger. I thought they played great, look great and sounded fantasic. One reason I have not bought one is that I have a Parker Fly w/piezo. But the Fly looks like a** compared to a nice Godin.

Damn it, now you guys have my G.A.S going again !!!!

Comment

I have debated over a Godin LGX many times in the past and just have not pulled the trigger. I thought they played great, look great and sounded fantasic. One reason I have not bought one is that I have a Parker Fly w/piezo. But the Fly looks like a** compared to a nice Godin.

Damn it, now you guys have my G.A.S going again !!!!

Comment

hey chuck,
                              looks like our lgx's are from the same era.. 97-98, judging by the logo and lack of truss rod cover

Comment

Working...
                              X