Custom Shop Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Shop Strat

I saw the red/black Budweiser with a similar serial on the 'bay but this one came from a guy down the street (if you're reading this Rich, thanks it's a very nice player). The fact that a dead mint example didn't bring 5 bills leads me to believe that while this one might be something a bit unusual, it's probably not particularly valuable.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ask him if he got iton E-bay or not.
      The one I saw was exactly the same.

Or maybe there is another one.

Comment

Ask him if he got iton E-bay or not.
        The one I saw was exactly the same.

Or maybe there is another one.

Comment

Is that a Floyd or a Kahler 2710 or 2700? I knew it was an 89' because I recall seeing it once before. It also has 24 frets but the fret markers make it look like a standard 22 fret neck. The pickups in that guitar are very good if they are original. DON'T REPLACE THEM!!! If you ever want to sell it let me know. I know a guy who collects HM's. Fender did many advertisement guitars. Some came from the custom shop and some were subcontracted out for paint.

Comment

Is that a Floyd or a Kahler 2710 or 2700? I knew it was an 89' because I recall seeing it once before. It also has 24 frets but the fret markers make it look like a standard 22 fret neck. The pickups in that guitar are very good if they are original. DON'T REPLACE THEM!!! If you ever want to sell it let me know. I know a guy who collects HM's. Fender did many advertisement guitars. Some came from the custom shop and some were subcontracted out for paint.

Comment

JG - Thanks much for the info! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The trem is an OFR. The p'ups are probably original as they sound *very* nice. Hmmm, maybe I'll scavenge the neck, floyd and humbucker for use with another body and put the rest of this away in the closet in case I ever want to restore it to stock.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

JG - Thanks much for the info! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The trem is an OFR. The p'ups are probably original as they sound *very* nice. Hmmm, maybe I'll scavenge the neck, floyd and humbucker for use with another body and put the rest of this away in the closet in case I ever want to restore it to stock.

Comment

I would suggest putting the entire guitar untouched in the closet and keeping it for investment. I guarantee it will go up in value. Guaranteed....The pickups are from the custom shop by the way and the Floyd is a pretty rare option for a 1989 HM. Most of them had Kahlers on them.

Comment

I would suggest putting the entire guitar untouched in the closet and keeping it for investment. I guarantee it will go up in value. Guaranteed....The pickups are from the custom shop by the way and the Floyd is a pretty rare option for a 1989 HM. Most of them had Kahlers on them.

Comment

Considering that I picked it up for about what a nice Model 1 goes for on the 'bay these days I don't doubt that it'll soon be worth a bit more than that. Heck, I might even be able to get Fender to pay me to stop posting pictures of it on the 'net. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Any idea what models the pickups actually are?

[ November 09, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: YetAnotherOne ]

Comment

Considering that I picked it up for about what a nice Model 1 goes for on the 'bay these days I don't doubt that it'll soon be worth a bit more than that. Heck, I might even be able to get Fender to pay me to stop posting pictures of it on the 'net. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Any idea what models the pickups actually are?

[ November 09, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: YetAnotherOne ]

Comment

Those pups should be Dimarzio's Those were stock on the higher end HM Strats. Ive had a couple as have freinds of mine and they all had Dimarzios.
                          Gil

Comment

Those pups should be Dimarzio's Those were stock on the higher end HM Strats. Ive had a couple as have freinds of mine and they all had Dimarzios.
                            Gil

Comment

I kind of like that finish. I wonder what was going through the head of the artist contracted to paint it.

Bilko

Comment

I kind of like that finish. I wonder what was going through the head of the artist contracted to paint it.

Bilko

Comment

Working...
                                X