Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in Sandoval polka dot V specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone interested in Sandoval polka dot V specs?

Sorry guys, I can't post the in process pics right now because they were taken with a regular still shot camera and I currently don't have a way of scanning them on my computer.

Hey dude, sorry about the pants!! ha ha! I'm glad you like it.

Comment

Hey guys,
      Just thought you guys might like to hear an interesting story that Mr. Sandoval told me about Randy during the building process of my guitar. He said that he had a knock at his door about six weeks after Randy had picked up his guitar. He said that when he opened it, there stood Randy, holding his guitar case in a daze just saying, "I broke it" over and over again. He said to him, "it can't be that bad" but after he opened the case he was truely shocked. He told me that to this day he has never saw damage like that to a headstock and neck. He said that it completely shattered the neck. He had to use glue, sawdust, scraps, just whatever he could come up with to fix his guitar and then had to refinish the repair area, dots and all. He said that he felt so sorry for him that he only charged him $30. The damage happened while rehearsing with Qiot Riot. During the rehersal they were in between songs and just talking. He said that back then the strap locks only had two bearings in them as opposed to todays that have three. Anyway the straplock came off Randy's guitar where the neck meets the body. He caught the upper horn with his forearm but the headstock smashed into the concrete floor shattering the headstock. Just thought that I would share that with those that have never heard the story before.

Comment

Hey guys,
        Just thought you guys might like to hear an interesting story that Mr. Sandoval told me about Randy during the building process of my guitar. He said that he had a knock at his door about six weeks after Randy had picked up his guitar. He said that when he opened it, there stood Randy, holding his guitar case in a daze just saying, "I broke it" over and over again. He said to him, "it can't be that bad" but after he opened the case he was truely shocked. He told me that to this day he has never saw damage like that to a headstock and neck. He said that it completely shattered the neck. He had to use glue, sawdust, scraps, just whatever he could come up with to fix his guitar and then had to refinish the repair area, dots and all. He said that he felt so sorry for him that he only charged him $30. The damage happened while rehearsing with Qiot Riot. During the rehersal they were in between songs and just talking. He said that back then the strap locks only had two bearings in them as opposed to todays that have three. Anyway the straplock came off Randy's guitar where the neck meets the body. He caught the upper horn with his forearm but the headstock smashed into the concrete floor shattering the headstock. Just thought that I would share that with those that have never heard the story before.

Comment

Is he still working out of his garage? I remember he started working there after he had a heart attack, and he closed up his lil shop in whittier, off greenleaf If i remember correctly, or did he open up a new lil shop?

Comment

Is he still working out of his garage? I remember he started working there after he had a heart attack, and he closed up his lil shop in whittier, off greenleaf If i remember correctly, or did he open up a new lil shop?

Comment

From what he told me he built a little shop building in his backyard. Alot of my construction pics show his house, like when he was doing the wet sanding on a picnic table outside. Seems like there is also one where the pic was taken inside his shop but you could see his grandkids swingset outside in the yard.

Comment

From what he told me he built a little shop building in his backyard. Alot of my construction pics show his house, like when he was doing the wet sanding on a picnic table outside. Seems like there is also one where the pic was taken inside his shop but you could see his grandkids swingset outside in the yard.

Comment

Oooh you're just doing all your transactions over the net? I just assumed you were here in So Cal too. Sounds like he's still work'n outta his backyard then. Its a cool very small, but good enough for him sized "shop" hehe.

Raymond

Comment

Oooh you're just doing all your transactions over the net? I just assumed you were here in So Cal too. Sounds like he's still work'n outta his backyard then. Its a cool very small, but good enough for him sized "shop" hehe.

Raymond

Comment

No, I'm all the way in the foothills of TN. I did all of my transactions with Mr.Sandoval over the phone and internet.

Comment

No, I'm all the way in the foothills of TN. I did all of my transactions with Mr.Sandoval over the phone and internet.

Comment

Working...
                        X