Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in Sandoval polka dot V specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in Sandoval polka dot V specs?

Hello all,
    I've been meaning to post ever since I got my Sandoval V but hadn't gotten around to it until now. I was just curious if anyone wanted to know any of the differences between an actual Sandoval polka dot V and the Jackson version. Before I sold my Jackson version to order my Sandoval I had all sorts of questions and didn't know if anyone else was in the same boat or not. If anyone would like to ask any questions about the guitar or dealings with Mr. Sandoval then I'd be happy to answer everything except price! ha ha... I'll tell you this both versions are excellant guitars and Mr. Sandoval was great to deal with.

Anyone interested in Sandoval polka dot V specs?

Hello all,
    I've been meaning to post ever since I got my Sandoval V but hadn't gotten around to it until now. I was just curious if anyone wanted to know any of the differences between an actual Sandoval polka dot V and the Jackson version. Before I sold my Jackson version to order my Sandoval I had all sorts of questions and didn't know if anyone else was in the same boat or not. If anyone would like to ask any questions about the guitar or dealings with Mr. Sandoval then I'd be happy to answer everything except price! ha ha... I'll tell you this both versions are excellant guitars and Mr. Sandoval was great to deal with.

Comment

Re: Anyone interested in Sandoval polka dot V specs?

sure, why not? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] i know that mister sandshovel isn't too interested in giving info about his work without a $200 economical enrichment, so i'd like to see how they differ... i'm guessing it's like apples and oranges, no? post pix tho!!!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

sure, why not? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] i know that mister sandshovel isn't too interested in giving info about his work without a $200 economical enrichment, so i'd like to see how they differ... i'm guessing it's like apples and oranges, no? post pix tho!!!

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'll see if I can't get Stephan to host some pics for me. Some of the main differences are the polka dots on the Jackson are 1" and the Sandoval are 3/4", both pickups in the Jackson are Dimarzio distortions (according to my work order) and the Sandoval has a Dimarzio distortion in the bridge and a Dimarzio PAF in the neck. I'm unsure of the woods of the Jackson but the Sandoval is a mahogany body with a maple set neck. As everybody knows Randys had a Dan-Electro neck but Mr. Sandoval can't get those anymore so he contructs them from scratch now. The size and tones of the guitars differ greatly! The Sandoval is bigger in size then the Jackson and the neck is alot wider. Also where the Jackson is a 22fret the Sandoval is a 21 fret. As far as tone the Sandoval has a mid type tone where my Jackson was a more higher pitched tone. When I set my Line 6 amp to an old marshall and plug in the Sandoval the tone is so closed to the Blizzard of OZ tone that it's kinda freaky! Also where my Jackson had the floyd rose my Sandoval has the fender style bridge. Believe it or not he set that thing up so good that it is very difficult to knock the thing out of tune even with diving the bar all the way down. I couldn't get over that! I know I've read that Randy have a bunch of tuning problems with his but I don't have any with mine. I think that is because he constucts the necks himself now and they have the adjustable truss rod that Randy's didn't have. I sent him a disposable camera to take pictures of the whole process and they turned out great. I have pictures of when it was nothing but a lone piece of mahogany and ending with Mr. Sandoval holding the final product before shipping it to me. Both the Jackson and the Sandoval guitars SCREAM but they are night and day difference between them.

Comment

I'll see if I can't get Stephan to host some pics for me. Some of the main differences are the polka dots on the Jackson are 1" and the Sandoval are 3/4", both pickups in the Jackson are Dimarzio distortions (according to my work order) and the Sandoval has a Dimarzio distortion in the bridge and a Dimarzio PAF in the neck. I'm unsure of the woods of the Jackson but the Sandoval is a mahogany body with a maple set neck. As everybody knows Randys had a Dan-Electro neck but Mr. Sandoval can't get those anymore so he contructs them from scratch now. The size and tones of the guitars differ greatly! The Sandoval is bigger in size then the Jackson and the neck is alot wider. Also where the Jackson is a 22fret the Sandoval is a 21 fret. As far as tone the Sandoval has a mid type tone where my Jackson was a more higher pitched tone. When I set my Line 6 amp to an old marshall and plug in the Sandoval the tone is so closed to the Blizzard of OZ tone that it's kinda freaky! Also where my Jackson had the floyd rose my Sandoval has the fender style bridge. Believe it or not he set that thing up so good that it is very difficult to knock the thing out of tune even with diving the bar all the way down. I couldn't get over that! I know I've read that Randy have a bunch of tuning problems with his but I don't have any with mine. I think that is because he constucts the necks himself now and they have the adjustable truss rod that Randy's didn't have. I sent him a disposable camera to take pictures of the whole process and they turned out great. I have pictures of when it was nothing but a lone piece of mahogany and ending with Mr. Sandoval holding the final product before shipping it to me. Both the Jackson and the Sandoval guitars SCREAM but they are night and day difference between them.

Comment

And here are pic's, as requested.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Schweeeet.... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

And here are pic's, as requested.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Schweeeet.... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Please post the in-process pics!

Comment

Please post the in-process pics!

Comment

You owe me a new pair of pants dude.

Comment

You owe me a new pair of pants dude.

Comment

I used to take gear to Karl Sandoval all the time, he always charges $60/hr (never under $60) and the one time when I was in a bind and needed him to cut me a deal ya know what he said "well you can buy the gear so you can afford to pay for it" so from then on I pretty much took the Fuk! You attitude towards him, and have since found cheaper, much friendlier, guys who are still very knowledgable, to help me when I need it.

Comment

I used to take gear to Karl Sandoval all the time, he always charges $60/hr (never under $60) and the one time when I was in a bind and needed him to cut me a deal ya know what he said "well you can buy the gear so you can afford to pay for it" so from then on I pretty much took the Fuk! You attitude towards him, and have since found cheaper, much friendlier, guys who are still very knowledgable, to help me when I need it.

Comment

Sorry guys, I can't post the in process pics right now because they were taken with a regular still shot camera and I currently don't have a way of scanning them on my computer.

Hey dude, sorry about the pants!! ha ha! I'm glad you like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X