BC Rich help - questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Rich help - questions.

I've learned more here from you guys than I did from the BC Rich site. I think most of the guys over there are 14 year-olds. (except of course for the JCFers that are over there [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ok, questions... I bought a bolt on, USA BC Rich with a snakeskin sight unseen, and some information like it has two hum..so I'm trying to decipher this from my receipt of purchase statement. It has a serial number of BC13009 ....would I be able to determine anything about it's production? From what you guys say, this would be a common USA serial? and the production year? 1990?

Did snakeskin graphics become available on only certain models and certain years? Was it available on imports?

I'm a newbee to BC Richs so bear with me. Thanks,

Tom

[ November 18, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Ok, questions... I bought a bolt on, USA BC Rich with a snakeskin sight unseen, and some information like it has two hum..so I'm trying to decipher this from my receipt of purchase statement. It has a serial number of BC13009 ....would I be able to determine anything about it's production? From what you guys say, this would be a common USA serial? and the production year? 1990?

Did snakeskin graphics become available on only certain models and certain years? Was it available on imports?

I'm a newbee to BC Richs so bear with me. Thanks,

Tom

[ November 18, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

In my experience, the gunslinger serials that start with BC13 serials are impossible to date, but are USA ones made between 86-89 (this is gathered from original owner memories so I could be wrong)...

BTW, here is the gunslinger I was talking bout in previous post. When I purchased it, it was in pretty sorry condition. Lee at GMW hooked me up with original truss rod cover and trem back plate. I replaced the broken bridge with an original floyd, dressed the frets and gave the finish a good buffing. Also new BC Rich knobs. This is a killer player and has the lowest action without buzz of any of my guitars. Also is the only one I have ever seen with this finish, which I find more tasteful than alot of BC Rich Finishes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . What I am amazed at is how good of shape the body was in compared to rest of the guitar. There is only one decent sized scratch on the back near the input jack (see picture. The neck looks well used,but has bout 85% fret life left on those jumbos :
          <center>

</center>

Comment

In my experience, the gunslinger serials that start with BC13 serials are impossible to date, but are USA ones made between 86-89 (this is gathered from original owner memories so I could be wrong)...

BTW, here is the gunslinger I was talking bout in previous post. When I purchased it, it was in pretty sorry condition. Lee at GMW hooked me up with original truss rod cover and trem back plate. I replaced the broken bridge with an original floyd, dressed the frets and gave the finish a good buffing. Also new BC Rich knobs. This is a killer player and has the lowest action without buzz of any of my guitars. Also is the only one I have ever seen with this finish, which I find more tasteful than alot of BC Rich Finishes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . What I am amazed at is how good of shape the body was in compared to rest of the guitar. There is only one decent sized scratch on the back near the input jack (see picture. The neck looks well used,but has bout 85% fret life left on those jumbos :
            <center>

</center>

Comment

BTW, my luthier is convinced this is not a refinish. He does alot of work refinishing for gibson and very valuable pre-50's vintages restorations so I am inclined to believe him.

Rich

Comment

BTW, my luthier is convinced this is not a refinish. He does alot of work refinishing for gibson and very valuable pre-50's vintages restorations so I am inclined to believe him.

Rich

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a snakeskin import during the Bernie Rico years.

Rich

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a snakeskin import during the Bernie Rico years.

Rich

Comment

I have a bolt on Ironbird with the # stamped in the back of the headstock.
                      Plain silver plate.
                      Just thought I'd share that.

Comment

I have a bolt on Ironbird with the # stamped in the back of the headstock.
                        Plain silver plate.
                        Just thought I'd share that.

Comment

Cool Gunslinger. That finish is awesome.

If anyone knows anything else on snakeskin finish being limited to certin years and guitars in USA models, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Cool Gunslinger. That finish is awesome.

If anyone knows anything else on snakeskin finish being limited to certin years and guitars in USA models, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

CG snake skin was offered on imports & US built guitars, the imports look like crap tho. bc is correct for us built & i think they were later than 88. if you got a pic that would help. 2 hums im noy sure is that would be considered an assassin or something or a custom ST.

devil yours is what i consider the revised boltons. the headstock area where the lock nut screws are is thicker, where early ones the bevel from the headstock runs thru the bolt area. also the trem recess, more common on class axe era guitars. i dont think yours is. & i do think the finish is original, thats a very cool GS.

whoever has the bolton with #'s stamped into the neck 5 digit # probably starting 89 or 90? very cool early bolton.

[ November 19, 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: j2379 ]

Comment

CG snake skin was offered on imports & US built guitars, the imports look like crap tho. bc is correct for us built & i think they were later than 88. if you got a pic that would help. 2 hums im noy sure is that would be considered an assassin or something or a custom ST.

devil yours is what i consider the revised boltons. the headstock area where the lock nut screws are is thicker, where early ones the bevel from the headstock runs thru the bolt area. also the trem recess, more common on class axe era guitars. i dont think yours is. & i do think the finish is original, thats a very cool GS.

whoever has the bolton with #'s stamped into the neck 5 digit # probably starting 89 or 90? very cool early bolton.

[ November 19, 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: j2379 ]

Comment

Working...
                                X