BC Rich help - questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Rich help - questions.

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Yeah...what Ali said....er....I think..... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
      Chemical Ali asks: "what is a tranny problem?"

hmm, someone who has nil for knowledge.
      Well if you see green smoke coming from the back of your Marshall, then that is bad.
      You should seek the advice of a transgendered individual to help you with your tranny problem.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

A whopping 47 post total... could that be a self portrait?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is this supposed to make me less confused? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:

Well if you see green smoke coming from the back of your Marshall, then that is bad.
        You should seek the advice of a transgendered individual to help you with your tranny problem.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is this supposed to make me less confused? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, you know how it goes, irrelevant posts and slams are a commonplace thing around here.

Comment

Oh, you know how it goes, irrelevant posts and slams are a commonplace thing around here.

Comment

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Um, yeah, anyways [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I e-mailed Tim Keyes at BC Rich, and this is what he told me. The L.A. series were assembled in the U.S. from parts made in Japan for the most part. However, apparently some of them used U.S. made parts. Supposedly the only way to tell is from the tuners. Guitars with Grovers are U.S. and blank or "R" logoed tuners are Japanese. Mine are blank, so it would make my guitar Japanese, but assembled and set-up in the U.S.

Comment

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Um, yeah, anyways [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I e-mailed Tim Keyes at BC Rich, and this is what he told me. The L.A. series were assembled in the U.S. from parts made in Japan for the most part. However, apparently some of them used U.S. made parts. Supposedly the only way to tell is from the tuners. Guitars with Grovers are U.S. and blank or "R" logoed tuners are Japanese. Mine are blank, so it would make my guitar Japanese, but assembled and set-up in the U.S.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Typically no name tuners are gotoh and associated with imports.
                      Import Charvel/Jackson are just Gotoh's that have been given a cover with Jackson stamped on.

Comment

Typically no name tuners are gotoh and associated with imports.
                        Import Charvel/Jackson are just Gotoh's that have been given a cover with Jackson stamped on.

Comment

Actually, it is impossible to truly tell from the tuners or the bridge. I have discussed this in length with an employee of BC Rich at that time and he stressed to me that IF they were short of parts, Bernie had no problem putting import hardware on the USA production guitars. Kind of sucks to have paid $1200 for a brand new gunslinger at the time and get the same hardware that was on $350 import. This usually happened with bridge or tuners.

Comment

Actually, it is impossible to truly tell from the tuners or the bridge. I have discussed this in length with an employee of BC Rich at that time and he stressed to me that IF they were short of parts, Bernie had no problem putting import hardware on the USA production guitars. Kind of sucks to have paid $1200 for a brand new gunslinger at the time and get the same hardware that was on $350 import. This usually happened with bridge or tuners.

Comment

BTW, I am not slamming BC Rich.. I happen to love gunslingers. Just stating the facts as I know them.

Bilko

Comment

BTW, I am not slamming BC Rich.. I happen to love gunslingers. Just stating the facts as I know them.

Bilko

Comment

Working...
                                X