Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Rich help - questions.

j2379,

Thanks for the compliment! I'm so happy I restored it , because it was I doubt the other bidders would have put the extra cash into bringing it back to how it plays now.

I did notice the trem route and contacted GMW about it, because I know Lee has a decent knowledge of BC Rich (I even sent him the original bridge). He told me he has seen other USA Gunslingers under Bernie's ownership with that bridge.

Thanks for the tip on "revised gunslinger" headstock bevel. I can't beleive I had never noticed it. What year did they start doing this?

rich

Comment

j2379,

Thanks for the compliment! I'm so happy I restored it , because it was I doubt the other bidders would have put the extra cash into bringing it back to how it plays now.

I did notice the trem route and contacted GMW about it, because I know Lee has a decent knowledge of BC Rich (I even sent him the original bridge). He told me he has seen other USA Gunslingers under Bernie's ownership with that bridge.

Thanks for the tip on "revised gunslinger" headstock bevel. I can't beleive I had never noticed it. What year did they start doing this?

rich

Comment

when I get pics.. I'll have someone host. I assume it may be an Assassin as well.

Comment

when I get pics.. I'll have someone host. I assume it may be an Assassin as well.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:

whoever has the bolton with #'s stamped into the neck 5 digit # probably starting 89 or 90? very cool early bolton.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">89443

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:

whoever has the bolton with #'s stamped into the neck 5 digit # probably starting 89 or 90? very cool early bolton.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">89443

Comment

AP DUDE thats cool. what kind of hardware & setup does it have. also look at the side of the headstock some of them had rosewood veneered headstocks not the black plastic like the production ones. yours also doesnt say made in USA anywhere, except maybe a gold sticker that says "handmade in USA" on the back of the headstock? IMO these are some of the strangest richs, the hardware & routes are not what is usually found on USA bolt ons, they are usually more like the neckthrus. BTW if you can post or email pics of it that would be very cool

Comment

AP DUDE thats cool. what kind of hardware & setup does it have. also look at the side of the headstock some of them had rosewood veneered headstocks not the black plastic like the production ones. yours also doesnt say made in USA anywhere, except maybe a gold sticker that says "handmade in USA" on the back of the headstock? IMO these are some of the strangest richs, the hardware & routes are not what is usually found on USA bolt ons, they are usually more like the neckthrus. BTW if you can post or email pics of it that would be very cool

Comment

You are right about the "Hand Made in USA" in gold on the back of the headstock.
                    Ebony board. As you can see, the headstock is black plastic.
                    There isn't a control cavity cover, but it looks like the cover they used was considerably larger than the route they used. (Sorry, no pic of the back)
                    It has unmarked Dimarzio PUs.
                    Neck has 1 row slotted screws and 1 row unadjustable.
                    The bridge has 2 rows of allen screws.
                    The neck pu route has "Stock" written in black marker.
                    The bridge pu route has "Trans Red" and the Kahler route has "GKT".
                    The control cavity has a thin shielding taht resembles tin foil.
                    The output jack is mounted on a black aluminum rectangle on the lower wing.
                    2 much info yet? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here is a pic of my slinger # B 9146.
                    It has a bc rich licensed floyd and unmarked PUs.
                    The rosewood board is literally 1/4" thick.
                    Any info on these guitars is appreciated.
                    Thanks,
                    A.P.

I forgot to mention taht I need a spring for the Kahler.
                    If anyone has 1 and is willing to part with it, please let me know.
                    Thanks.

[ November 20, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: A.Pulverizer ]

Comment

You are right about the "Hand Made in USA" in gold on the back of the headstock.
                      Ebony board. As you can see, the headstock is black plastic.
                      There isn't a control cavity cover, but it looks like the cover they used was considerably larger than the route they used. (Sorry, no pic of the back)
                      It has unmarked Dimarzio PUs.
                      Neck has 1 row slotted screws and 1 row unadjustable.
                      The bridge has 2 rows of allen screws.
                      The neck pu route has "Stock" written in black marker.
                      The bridge pu route has "Trans Red" and the Kahler route has "GKT".
                      The control cavity has a thin shielding taht resembles tin foil.
                      The output jack is mounted on a black aluminum rectangle on the lower wing.
                      2 much info yet? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here is a pic of my slinger # B 9146.
                      It has a bc rich licensed floyd and unmarked PUs.
                      The rosewood board is literally 1/4" thick.
                      Any info on these guitars is appreciated.
                      Thanks,
                      A.P.

I forgot to mention taht I need a spring for the Kahler.
                      If anyone has 1 and is willing to part with it, please let me know.
                      Thanks.

[ November 20, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: A.Pulverizer ]

Comment

Well, I figured I went this far, I may as well pull the neck.
                        The neck has "Z 39" on the bottom of the neck and Z 39 39 39 at the base of the neck/
                        The pocket has "Z39" with "P 11-14" written over in black marker.
                        Just in case that info matters.

Comment

Well, I figured I went this far, I may as well pull the neck.
                          The neck has "Z 39" on the bottom of the neck and Z 39 39 39 at the base of the neck/
                          The pocket has "Z39" with "P 11-14" written over in black marker.
                          Just in case that info matters.

Comment

So, does anyone know if the gunslinger serial #'s were sequential? I have B72XX, and I recall being told mine was one of the absolute last guitars to come out of the factory before they shut down (this was told to me by the sales guy that I ordered it through). Actually, it seems like he told me this when I picked the guitar up.

Pat

Comment

So, does anyone know if the gunslinger serial #'s were sequential? I have B72XX, and I recall being told mine was one of the absolute last guitars to come out of the factory before they shut down (this was told to me by the sales guy that I ordered it through). Actually, it seems like he told me this when I picked the guitar up.

Pat

Comment

AP that is very cool, its a very early custom. not much else to tell ya, its very rare. everything you described is how they made the neckthrus of that era. & ive seen all sorts of weird stuff written in BCRich cavities. I have a warlock that says WARLOCK in marker in the trem cavity like they might forget what shape it is?

they were sequential. i was also told that B7xxx or B9xxx was around the time class axe was in. Problem, CA was supposed to have TM after the logo. but there are alot of guitars with higher serials & no TM. BUT this is also around the time U see the BCRich Lic trems, gotohs, & no more top hat knobs. i dont really know all that much about these tho. around this time i kinda gave up on NEW bcrichs & stuck to ones before 87.

Comment

Working...
                                X