BC Rich help - questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich help - questions.

Hey guys, what's the story on BC Rich L.A.Series? Anygood or cheap crap? What are the necks like? Pickups? Made in Japan?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

BC Rich help - questions.

Hey guys, what's the story on BC Rich L.A.Series? Anygood or cheap crap? What are the necks like? Pickups? Made in Japan?

Comment

Re: BC Rich help - questions.

LA series...no clue. most series guitars were import the real USA didnt use series. if you got a pic maybe that would help. if it got a script logo most say made in USA, if it is.

Comment

LA series...no clue. most series guitars were import the real USA didnt use series. if you got a pic maybe that would help. if it got a script logo most say made in USA, if it is.

Comment

LA Series = Korean............I equate them with crap, but maybe some people like them..............

Comment

LA Series = Korean............I equate them with crap, but maybe some people like them..............

Comment

Okay, I did some of my own research, and here is what I found out. Some L.A. Series guitars were actually built in the U.S. and had "Made in U.S.A" on the headstock under the logo along with "L.A. California U.S.A" on the neck plate. Most of the L.A series however were made in Japan, and some were made in Korea apparently by Class Axe. The main difference between the U.S.A guitars and the Asian guitars seems to be the headstock logo.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Comment

Okay, I did some of my own research, and here is what I found out. Some L.A. Series guitars were actually built in the U.S. and had "Made in U.S.A" on the headstock under the logo along with "L.A. California U.S.A" on the neck plate. Most of the L.A series however were made in Japan, and some were made in Korea apparently by Class Axe. The main difference between the U.S.A guitars and the Asian guitars seems to be the headstock logo.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Comment

There was also a Custom Shop located in Los Angeles in the early/mid 80's.

The guitar could have been one of them.

My BC Rich is a ST-III Neck-Through made in 86. I ran the serial ## through the BC Rich site and got confirmation from I believe a guy named Tim Keyes. Mine doesn't say "USA" anywhere on it, but was made here. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hope this helps. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

BC Rich also has a forum that may be able to help. Neal Moser actually belongs to it and posts quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

Comment

There was also a Custom Shop located in Los Angeles in the early/mid 80's.

The guitar could have been one of them.

My BC Rich is a ST-III Neck-Through made in 86. I ran the serial ## through the BC Rich site and got confirmation from I believe a guy named Tim Keyes. Mine doesn't say "USA" anywhere on it, but was made here. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hope this helps. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

BC Rich also has a forum that may be able to help. Neal Moser actually belongs to it and posts quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the neckthru STs were made overseas, and then assembled here, much like the Kramer Americans..........

I have never heard of a US made LA series. The ones made in the LA shop simply said "Made in USA." I have heard of a Japanesse one, but I still dont believe it until I see someone show me one that actually says "Made in Japan" on it.............

Comment

I'm pretty sure the neckthru STs were made overseas, and then assembled here, much like the Kramer Americans..........

I have never heard of a US made LA series. The ones made in the LA shop simply said "Made in USA." I have heard of a Japanesse one, but I still dont believe it until I see someone show me one that actually says "Made in Japan" on it.............

Comment

Accept:

According to Tim Keyes, mine was a custom order completed on June 14, 1986 at the LA Custom Shop.

Mine is the older version with the weird upper horn. Rumor has it that Wayne Charvel worked there during this time period and the ST-III was his "baby". It has the classic Jackson Shannon angled neck, aluminum cover plates, rosewood board, wide flat neck profile.

It is very similar to the Jackson Student Soloist model.

It now has EMG 85-S-S pups in it (originals were DiMarzio's).

It is a great playing, sounding guitar. I actually prefer it over my SL-1 for some things. It just has a tone.

Comment

Accept:

According to Tim Keyes, mine was a custom order completed on June 14, 1986 at the LA Custom Shop.

Mine is the older version with the weird upper horn. Rumor has it that Wayne Charvel worked there during this time period and the ST-III was his "baby". It has the classic Jackson Shannon angled neck, aluminum cover plates, rosewood board, wide flat neck profile.

It is very similar to the Jackson Student Soloist model.

It now has EMG 85-S-S pups in it (originals were DiMarzio's).

It is a great playing, sounding guitar. I actually prefer it over my SL-1 for some things. It just has a tone.

Comment

If it has the weird horns, then its Charvel allright.....It was right before he went to Gibson...........

Comment

Working...
                              X