Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Rich help - questions.

Originally posted by Accept2:
    If it has the weird horns, then its Charvel allright.....It was right before he went to Gibson...........
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you guys mean by weird horns? Do you have any pics?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
      If it has the weird horns, then its Charvel allright.....It was right before he went to Gibson...........
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you guys mean by weird horns? Do you have any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Accept2:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you guys mean by weird horns? Do you have any pics? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Doh, never mind. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Accept2:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you guys mean by weird horns? Do you have any pics? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Doh, never mind. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Back to LA series.....all of them I had in my hands were total crap. Can`t even hold the tuning. So I really don`t know how could they be made in USA. I`m 100% sure that`s not true.

Comment

Back to LA series.....all of them I had in my hands were total crap. Can`t even hold the tuning. So I really don`t know how could they be made in USA. I`m 100% sure that`s not true.

Comment

Originally posted by warhead:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, LPC just said he has one.

Comment

Originally posted by warhead:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, LPC just said he has one.

Comment

sounds like your lookin at an IMPORT probably crap. serial# dont mean much unless it 5 ped into the back of the headstock or the bottom of the fretboard like they do now. Those are USA neckthrus only otherwise BCRich serial#s are pretty silly, letter & 4 digits NJ neckthru (bolton i dont know never had or paid attn to them), letter & 4/5 digits USA bolton, on neckplate. class axe also used CA & 3/4 digits. ive also heard there are imports with LA neckplates ive seen a few dont know if they were fakes or factory BS. the ONLY USAs ive seen with spliced necks were when Roman would change headstock shapes on a old guitar or body blank. BTW LPC is NOT an LA series its an ST-3 & is not part of any series, unless you consider USA custom a series.

Comment

sounds like your lookin at an IMPORT probably crap. serial# dont mean much unless it 5 ped into the back of the headstock or the bottom of the fretboard like they do now. Those are USA neckthrus only otherwise BCRich serial#s are pretty silly, letter & 4 digits NJ neckthru (bolton i dont know never had or paid attn to them), letter & 4/5 digits USA bolton, on neckplate. class axe also used CA & 3/4 digits. ive also heard there are imports with LA neckplates ive seen a few dont know if they were fakes or factory BS. the ONLY USAs ive seen with spliced necks were when Roman would change headstock shapes on a old guitar or body blank. BTW LPC is NOT an LA series its an ST-3 & is not part of any series, unless you consider USA custom a series.

Comment

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Lemme see if I can clarify this.

My BC Rich was a Custom Shop special order for somebody....serial ## 89935 (born Jun 14, 1986 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) from the LA Custom Shop.

The serial ## is stamped on the back of the headstock.

This is what I was told from Tim Keyes....and from several others on this board (most notably Kickaxeguitars, who is an 80's guitar expert) that Wayne Charvel worked for BC Rich during this time period, and that the ST-III was his "baby". [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't know too much about the LA Series BC Rich from the 80's....I hear that the Gunslingers and others are very playable and sound great, but I've never had my paws on one. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

I think mine is legit, as far as being a CS model. I would love to know who originally purchased it and what they paid....the workmanship is really outstanding on this....very cool. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'll place this Rich against any Jackson and go head to head......the quality is that high.

I love my Soloist, don't get me wrong, but this guitar plays as well and sounds as good to me. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ November 12, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: LesPaulCustom ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Lemme see if I can clarify this.

My BC Rich was a Custom Shop special order for somebody....serial ## 89935 (born Jun 14, 1986 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) from the LA Custom Shop.

The serial ## is stamped on the back of the headstock.

This is what I was told from Tim Keyes....and from several others on this board (most notably Kickaxeguitars, who is an 80's guitar expert) that Wayne Charvel worked for BC Rich during this time period, and that the ST-III was his "baby". [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't know too much about the LA Series BC Rich from the 80's....I hear that the Gunslingers and others are very playable and sound great, but I've never had my paws on one. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

I think mine is legit, as far as being a CS model. I would love to know who originally purchased it and what they paid....the workmanship is really outstanding on this....very cool. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'll place this Rich against any Jackson and go head to head......the quality is that high.

I love my Soloist, don't get me wrong, but this guitar plays as well and sounds as good to me. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ November 12, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: LesPaulCustom ]

Comment

Well, unfortunately, it seems the general consensus, is that 99% (if not 100%) of BC Rich guitars with "L.A.Series" on the headstock are just so much firewood. That's really too bad. The one I'm looking at is a pretty good price, looks nice (or at least will look nice after a good bath) and I was really hoping for some better news. I'll say one thing, if it is junk, it certainly is disguised well as a decent quality instrument. I really wish that I could see it in person and try it out, but it's on the other side of the country.

Well, if I get it, I'll let you guys know if it is indeed a piece of junk or not.

Comment

Well, unfortunately, it seems the general consensus, is that 99% (if not 100%) of BC Rich guitars with "L.A.Series" on the headstock are just so much firewood. That's really too bad. The one I'm looking at is a pretty good price, looks nice (or at least will look nice after a good bath) and I was really hoping for some better news. I'll say one thing, if it is junk, it certainly is disguised well as a decent quality instrument. I really wish that I could see it in person and try it out, but it's on the other side of the country.

Well, if I get it, I'll let you guys know if it is indeed a piece of junk or not.

Comment

The LA Series all look pretty, just like the new NJ series. But look at the hardware on the LA Series, its a giveaway that the guitar sucks............Everyone I've ever seen had a TRS trem...........

Comment

Working...
                                X