My New Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New Gibson

Hi, Yes I decided to buy it because I always loved the les paul and I used to own couple of them long time ago.
    in 1988 and 89,I had a Heritage Les Paul,a 70's les Paul Pro(2 P90s and Ebony fingerbard),a 70's Standard.I was more of Setneck lover at the time.

After more than 10years,I finally decided to go with the Les Paul again and you know what,it just doesn't do for me anymore.
    I get used to play neck without finish on,jumbo frets with flat fingerboard and flat bridge setting and so on.
    I thought of changing the frets,pickups but I don't want to ruin the guitar at the same time.

If I don't play it I just have it because I just feel like having it,I should let go and buy an amp that I realy want.
    I need an amp that will do totally different from what my ENGL Savage 120 and My Jose Arredondo modified Marshall would do.
    I need an amp that has real clean CH and fat lead sound (not ultra high gain I am talking here).
    I don't want to name the amp here because I dont knwo if I am able to get it or not.
    I have located these amps finally and negoiating with the owners.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 19, 2003, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

I was all set to buy a new LP Custom a few weeks ago (almost bought the same reissue model as you have there). When it came down to it, I just couldn't get used to the frets on it and didn't want another LP that I wasn't particularly fond of playing (I also have a Classic). So I bought a Dean Hardtail - best guitar I have ever played hands down. You might want to give one of those a shot.

Comment

I was all set to buy a new LP Custom a few weeks ago (almost bought the same reissue model as you have there). When it came down to it, I just couldn't get used to the frets on it and didn't want another LP that I wasn't particularly fond of playing (I also have a Classic). So I bought a Dean Hardtail - best guitar I have ever played hands down. You might want to give one of those a shot.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=47072

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

damn buy now is a lot...

i can't afford one right now..

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=47072

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

damn buy now is a lot...

i can't afford one right now..

Comment

Quite a few of the 'reissue' LPC's of the late '60s-early '70s were of the 'fretless wonder' variety. I guess what you see here is a 'reissue of a reissue'...leave it to Gibson to think that one up!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have always found the fretless wonder frets to be just about unplayable. The intonation isn't great and the strings are impossible to bend. Regular LP's from that era have low-enough frets, as it is.

Comment

Quite a few of the 'reissue' LPC's of the late '60s-early '70s were of the 'fretless wonder' variety. I guess what you see here is a 'reissue of a reissue'...leave it to Gibson to think that one up!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have always found the fretless wonder frets to be just about unplayable. The intonation isn't great and the strings are impossible to bend. Regular LP's from that era have low-enough frets, as it is.

Comment

Working...
                X