Caparison guitars; any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caparison guitars; any good?

I almost picked one up a year ago, but didn't have quite enough fundage for it. Awesome guitars from what I've heard and I'm dying to get one myself.
    Andy Laroque (King Diamond) was playing one a couple weeks ago here...it looked killer.

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

Looks like a Rand....
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Looks like a Rand....
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

That Tagima looks pretty cool [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

That Tagima looks pretty cool [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yea that Tagima looks nice.
              Do they sell online?
              Caparison, these guys used to build Jackson guitarsin Japan and they built this company when they had some issues to use Jackson name to sell.

Comment

Yea that Tagima looks nice.
                Do they sell online?
                Caparison, these guys used to build Jackson guitarsin Japan and they built this company when they had some issues to use Jackson name to sell.

Comment

the Chris Amott sig caparison is pretty sweet too: http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparisondellinger-ca.html

Comment

the Chris Amott sig caparison is pretty sweet too: http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparisondellinger-ca.html

Comment

stock p'ups any good?

types of wood? A lot appear to have rosewood boards, but they're kinda pricey so I hope to find one with ebony

Are the trems Schallers or licensed?

How is the playability of the necks compared to a Jackson? Given what's said about them making Jacksons in the past I don't expect much difference though.

Sorry for being nit-picky but they're pricey for a Japanese guitar, I want one, and am really forced to rely on what others have to say since no local store has one for me to try out.

Comment

stock p'ups any good?

types of wood? A lot appear to have rosewood boards, but they're kinda pricey so I hope to find one with ebony

Are the trems Schallers or licensed?

How is the playability of the necks compared to a Jackson? Given what's said about them making Jacksons in the past I don't expect much difference though.

Sorry for being nit-picky but they're pricey for a Japanese guitar, I want one, and am really forced to rely on what others have to say since no local store has one for me to try out.

Comment

I´ve played two Caparisons, and they both had quite fat necks...I don´t know if that´s the case with all of their guitars, though. Overall they seemed like pretty solid guitars...nothing spectacular, but definitely good.

Comment

I´ve played two Caparisons, and they both had quite fat necks...I don´t know if that´s the case with all of their guitars, though. Overall they seemed like pretty solid guitars...nothing spectacular, but definitely good.

Comment

Pricey for Japanese guitars? Like there aren't dudes in Japan that can wipe the floor with Mike Shannon as far as guitar building is concerned.

Comment

Pricey for Japanese guitars? Like there aren't dudes in Japan that can wipe the floor with Mike Shannon as far as guitar building is concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X