Help with this guitar guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with this guitar guys....

Can any of you knowledgeable people on this forum help me with this guitar I just picked up?

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/.../guitars.shtml

All I know is that it is a US made Epiphone Coronet with a set bound 24 fret neck with reverse headstock.

Anyone know what pickups are fitted to this, and what positions the pickup selector knob relate to?

Any info would be great.

Help with this guitar guys....

Can any of you knowledgeable people on this forum help me with this guitar I just picked up?

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/.../guitars.shtml

All I know is that it is a US made Epiphone Coronet with a set bound 24 fret neck with reverse headstock.

Anyone know what pickups are fitted to this, and what positions the pickup selector knob relate to?

Any info would be great.

Comment

Re: Help with this guitar guys....

Metal head,
      I could be wrong, but I don't believe Epi made any USA guitars in the 90's. If it was made in the US, I'm sure Gibson would have their name all over it.

Comment

Metal head,
        I could be wrong, but I don't believe Epi made any USA guitars in the 90's. If it was made in the US, I'm sure Gibson would have their name all over it.

Comment

they actually dit make Epi's in the USA at that time (they even did a floyd equiped version of the coronet)
          it's hard to tell the difference between the japanese, korean and usa version of your model
          (only the usa had a floyd all others were hardtail) but the koreaan versions of that model that I saw all had the badwing headstock and not the reversed explorer

Comment

they actually dit make Epi's in the USA at that time (they even did a floyd equiped version of the coronet)
            it's hard to tell the difference between the japanese, korean and usa version of your model
            (only the usa had a floyd all others were hardtail) but the koreaan versions of that model that I saw all had the badwing headstock and not the reversed explorer

Comment

American made ones were stamped "Made in Nashville" on the back of the headstock, which you will see if they had a shot of the back.........

Comment

American made ones were stamped "Made in Nashville" on the back of the headstock, which you will see if they had a shot of the back.........

Comment

never played one but i find they're very very cool. how much did it cost ya

take a 60's classic and make it an 80's shredder, love the concept.

they are usa and branded epiphone because this was an original epiphone model (back when epi was a real company)

chris' guitars has a pair of them
                  http://www.chrisguitars.com/gibson.html

[ November 17, 2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Jerry From Ghana ]

Comment

never played one but i find they're very very cool. how much did it cost ya

take a 60's classic and make it an 80's shredder, love the concept.

they are usa and branded epiphone because this was an original epiphone model (back when epi was a real company)

chris' guitars has a pair of them
                    http://www.chrisguitars.com/gibson.html

[ November 17, 2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Jerry From Ghana ]

Comment

I thought the pickups on those were supposed to be covered OBL (Original Bill Lawrence). But maybe I'm thinking of a different model. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Sweet guitar, though!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought the pickups on those were supposed to be covered OBL (Original Bill Lawrence). But maybe I'm thinking of a different model. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Sweet guitar, though!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X