No announcement yet.

Re-Discovered my Dean MLXT Phantom....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Discovered my Dean MLXT Phantom....

I've tried to sell this damn thing several times...........even tried to trade it for something else. Something always happens and the sale or the deal never goes through.

Well..........................

I pulled it out from under the bed, shined it up and tuned it to drop D. I pulled the L500XL out of it a long time ago and put the stock blade bucker back in. I plugged in, cranked her up and next thing you know..................DAMN! This guitar sounds killer! I can't believe I was going to let it go.

The stock humbucker in the bridge sounds damn good. The neck bucker isn't the greatest, mainly due to the fact it's a pretty hot pickup in itself.

With chorus, delay, EQ, Wah it adds something to the effects. More so than any of my other guitars. Real rich heavy tone.

I guess I'm keepin her.

Re-Discovered my Dean MLXT Phantom....

I've tried to sell this damn thing several times...........even tried to trade it for something else. Something always happens and the sale or the deal never goes through.

Well..........................

I pulled it out from under the bed, shined it up and tuned it to drop D. I pulled the L500XL out of it a long time ago and put the stock blade bucker back in. I plugged in, cranked her up and next thing you know..................DAMN! This guitar sounds killer! I can't believe I was going to let it go.

The stock humbucker in the bridge sounds damn good. The neck bucker isn't the greatest, mainly due to the fact it's a pretty hot pickup in itself.

With chorus, delay, EQ, Wah it adds something to the effects. More so than any of my other guitars. Real rich heavy tone.

I guess I'm keepin her.

Comment

Re: Re-Discovered my Dean MLXT Phantom....

Didn't that guitar make your wrists hurt?
      Might be the tone of a set-neck you like there; aren't your other guitars bolt-neck? Just a thought.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Didn't that guitar make your wrists hurt?
        Might be the tone of a set-neck you like there; aren't your other guitars bolt-neck? Just a thought.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cool!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lerx-The tone is pure bolt on that sounds like a set neck. Funny. It still hurts my arm a little. I still have that tenis elbow crap. Sounds good still, just hard to reach the top frets. When i strap it on and stand in front of a mirror I look cool with it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........I look cool!

Comment

Lerx-The tone is pure bolt on that sounds like a set neck. Funny. It still hurts my arm a little. I still have that tenis elbow crap. Sounds good still, just hard to reach the top frets. When i strap it on and stand in front of a mirror I look cool with it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........I look cool!

Comment

Ooops, didn't know it was a bolt-neck.
                  Well, if you love it and can afford to keep it, then do so. I go through the same thing with my Les Paul about once a
                  year.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ooops, didn't know it was a bolt-neck.
                    Well, if you love it and can afford to keep it, then do so. I go through the same thing with my Les Paul about once a
                    year.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X