Floyd Rose Guitars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Guitars??

Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I just got a chance to play the new Floyd Rose Guitars. You know the ones without any headstock tuners? I believe all the electronics are Floyd Rose pickups and of course we know who supplied the bridge! I thought they played pretty well and looked very unique (personally I still like the look of a traditional headstock) but I don't think it warrants the $2000 price tag. Anyone else have a chance to test drive one?

Floyd Rose Guitars??

Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I just got a chance to play the new Floyd Rose Guitars. You know the ones without any headstock tuners? I believe all the electronics are Floyd Rose pickups and of course we know who supplied the bridge! I thought they played pretty well and looked very unique (personally I still like the look of a traditional headstock) but I don't think it warrants the $2000 price tag. Anyone else have a chance to test drive one?

Comment

Re: Floyd Rose Guitars??

The bridge is called a Speedloader. Eck.

...And Floyd Rose pickups? Never heard of `em. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The bridge is called a Speedloader. Eck.

...And Floyd Rose pickups? Never heard of `em. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Floyd Rose has made a couple of guitars, but the new Speedloader bridge doesn't look too appealing to me. Floyd also made a sustainer pickup in the '80s, and I think that's what Jackson uses on the PC1, IIRC.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Floyd Rose has made a couple of guitars, but the new Speedloader bridge doesn't look too appealing to me. Floyd also made a sustainer pickup in the '80s, and I think that's what Jackson uses on the PC1, IIRC.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here is a pic of one style

Comment

Here is a pic of one style

Comment

Isn't that the model where you can actually interchange headstocks? Or am I having a flashback from a night of bad mexican food?
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Isn't that the model where you can actually interchange headstocks? Or am I having a flashback from a night of bad mexican food?
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

I just saw KISS/Aerosmith a week or so ago, and Brad was playing a few of these. A purple one similar to the pic, and a white one too. I was wondering what they were!

Comment

I just saw KISS/Aerosmith a week or so ago, and Brad was playing a few of these. A purple one similar to the pic, and a white one too. I was wondering what they were!

Comment

The whole speedloader thing seems so ridiculus to me. I'd much rather use a steinberger or a regular floyd trem, considering I actually wanted a trem anymore. I've switched to fixed bridges for the time being, and I'm quite happy.

Comment

The whole speedloader thing seems so ridiculus to me. I'd much rather use a steinberger or a regular floyd trem, considering I actually wanted a trem anymore. I've switched to fixed bridges for the time being, and I'm quite happy.

Comment

i like the 80's look of guitars..

that looks to modern... how should i put ..lame!

Comment

Working...
                              X