ahhh, fell in love again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhh, fell in love again

Today, went to the post office and picked up my package.

Opened it up, ahhhhhh

I picked it up on Ebay 2 weeks ago. I was gonna buy a used wolf special for 350$, no case, a few dings. This popped up and within 3 hours of him posting I hit buy it now. No pictures, brief description.

Wolfgang hardtail special, with case, tobacco burst, MINT condition.

Wow, I forgot how good these thigns sound and play, its been two years since i sold my original standard trem model.

I think I got REALLY lucky, because I tossed on some 10-46's, re-set it up and the action is ULTRA low with very minimal buzz. Much lower then on my Jackson USA I just sold off recently.

The frets were in great shape and the neck nice and straight with a bit of relief.

The pups are magical, easily controlled with the volume to give me ultra squeals, or tight cleans through my PODxt when rolled off a bit.

Serial # 91020435

I Wish they made these with a lower profile neck heel and 24 frets. I have issues getting at these upper frets, although not much time is spent there. Its a lot different feel from my neckthru Jackson.

Oh well, it's a keeper, unless I get a steal on a USA hard tail standard.

Anyhow, thats my rant/post ... Great guitars

ahhh, fell in love again

Today, went to the post office and picked up my package.

Opened it up, ahhhhhh

I picked it up on Ebay 2 weeks ago. I was gonna buy a used wolf special for 350$, no case, a few dings. This popped up and within 3 hours of him posting I hit buy it now. No pictures, brief description.

Wolfgang hardtail special, with case, tobacco burst, MINT condition.

Wow, I forgot how good these thigns sound and play, its been two years since i sold my original standard trem model.

I think I got REALLY lucky, because I tossed on some 10-46's, re-set it up and the action is ULTRA low with very minimal buzz. Much lower then on my Jackson USA I just sold off recently.

The frets were in great shape and the neck nice and straight with a bit of relief.

The pups are magical, easily controlled with the volume to give me ultra squeals, or tight cleans through my PODxt when rolled off a bit.

Serial # 91020435

I Wish they made these with a lower profile neck heel and 24 frets. I have issues getting at these upper frets, although not much time is spent there. Its a lot different feel from my neckthru Jackson.

Oh well, it's a keeper, unless I get a steal on a USA hard tail standard.

Anyhow, thats my rant/post ... Great guitars

Comment

Re: ahhh, fell in love again

Wolfies are awesome guitars. I just sold my Special, but ONLY to obtain a hardtail Standard, hopefully amberburst. Love the neck, and the pups are killer. The balance is perfect too. (for me anyways)

Congrats!

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Re: ahhh, fell in love again

Wolfies are awesome guitars. I just sold my Special, but ONLY to obtain a hardtail Standard, hopefully amberburst. Love the neck, and the pups are killer. The balance is perfect too. (for me anyways)

Congrats!

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X