I've gone retarded????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've gone retarded????????

OK, i've had this squire affinty strat laying around for about two years, i bought it for like 140$ brand new, i played it a few times after i bought it but the pickups were soo fkn noisy i couldnt stand it so i put it in the corner. well a few days ago i was cleaning my other guitars and i decided to restring the squire and mess with it a little.....the pickups still suck(i realy like the tone but hate the noise!!!). i realy like the feel the look and even the sound of this sucker(except the hiiisssssssssssss). what are decent quiet single coil pickups that i can get for this guitar(CHEAP!!!!!) are emg select anygood? i can get them for like 20$, if they sound like the stock squire pickups without any noise then thats what i want.
    Another question, i was thinking about buying a fender standard strat, are they any better than squires(pickups, hardware,workmanship???) i dont realy want to spend more than like 450$ on a strat. so the american made fenders are out. i want a white fender strat with decent single coils(quiet), standard trem, maple fretboard, id be very happy with that oh, you can check a pick of me with my sqire affinty strat on my profile, im lovin this peace of crapp suire [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

I\'ve gone retarded????????

OK, i've had this squire affinty strat laying around for about two years, i bought it for like 140$ brand new, i played it a few times after i bought it but the pickups were soo fkn noisy i couldnt stand it so i put it in the corner. well a few days ago i was cleaning my other guitars and i decided to restring the squire and mess with it a little.....the pickups still suck(i realy like the tone but hate the noise!!!). i realy like the feel the look and even the sound of this sucker(except the hiiisssssssssssss). what are decent quiet single coil pickups that i can get for this guitar(CHEAP!!!!!) are emg select anygood? i can get them for like 20$, if they sound like the stock squire pickups without any noise then thats what i want.
    Another question, i was thinking about buying a fender standard strat, are they any better than squires(pickups, hardware,workmanship???) i dont realy want to spend more than like 450$ on a strat. so the american made fenders are out. i want a white fender strat with decent single coils(quiet), standard trem, maple fretboard, id be very happy with that oh, you can check a pick of me with my sqire affinty strat on my profile, im lovin this peace of crapp suire [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

Re: I\'ve gone retarded????????

If you can find an eighties vintage re-issue Japanese Strat, grab it. Great guitars.
      Use the Affinity for your Jimi Hendrix Monterey Pop impersonation.

Comment

If you can find an eighties vintage re-issue Japanese Strat, grab it. Great guitars.
        Use the Affinity for your Jimi Hendrix Monterey Pop impersonation.

Comment

The new Mexican made Fenders are good, and cheap. Nice fretwork, smooth finishes, good feel. This coming from someons that hates all Fenders (except for Jazzmasters and SOME Teles).

Comment

The new Mexican made Fenders are good, and cheap. Nice fretwork, smooth finishes, good feel. This coming from someons that hates all Fenders (except for Jazzmasters and SOME Teles).

Comment

Add a coupla more ground wires to the Affinity, put it on Ebay as having Fedner Noiseless pickups, and buy an early 90's MexiStrat [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Add a coupla more ground wires to the Affinity, put it on Ebay as having Fedner Noiseless pickups, and buy an early 90's MexiStrat [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Current year model Mexican Strats are killer. I have one. Manufactured in Mexico on January 20th 2003. I would suggest the sunburst finish. The alder is generaly better than solid finishes due to the fact you see the wood grain thru the finish more. Mine is sunburst and is a 2 piece body. I couldn't believe it either, but it's true. 2 halves. Hardware wise, pretty good. Same as Jackson imports IMHO. The vintage trem is good, but useless if you try to do divebombs and stuff. A good lube job on the nut and some locking tuners fix it up for heavy use and adding an extra spring and pulling the trem all the way back so it don't float anymore stabalizes tuning. I customized mine with a Tom Delong replacement pickguard, dropped a 500k volume pot and a DiMarzio Evolution humbucker in there and it's now my go anywhere, do anything guitar. Sounds good clean and dirty. You can have so many pickup options with a Strat. HH, HSS, HSH, HS, H, HHH, SSS, SS, S.................no limits. As they come the pickups are good. Alot better sounding to me than an American Strat. There is hum, but my EQ fixed that up pretty good. They sound alot fuller and tonefull than what's on your Afinity. I have had several Strats over the years. A good set of single coil pickups can carry you through alot of different styles of music. I can totaly and confidently recomend a Mexican made Strat. I have yet to play a Mexican Strat I didn't like. They are pretty consistent.

Comment

Current year model Mexican Strats are killer. I have one. Manufactured in Mexico on January 20th 2003. I would suggest the sunburst finish. The alder is generaly better than solid finishes due to the fact you see the wood grain thru the finish more. Mine is sunburst and is a 2 piece body. I couldn't believe it either, but it's true. 2 halves. Hardware wise, pretty good. Same as Jackson imports IMHO. The vintage trem is good, but useless if you try to do divebombs and stuff. A good lube job on the nut and some locking tuners fix it up for heavy use and adding an extra spring and pulling the trem all the way back so it don't float anymore stabalizes tuning. I customized mine with a Tom Delong replacement pickguard, dropped a 500k volume pot and a DiMarzio Evolution humbucker in there and it's now my go anywhere, do anything guitar. Sounds good clean and dirty. You can have so many pickup options with a Strat. HH, HSS, HSH, HS, H, HHH, SSS, SS, S.................no limits. As they come the pickups are good. Alot better sounding to me than an American Strat. There is hum, but my EQ fixed that up pretty good. They sound alot fuller and tonefull than what's on your Afinity. I have had several Strats over the years. A good set of single coil pickups can carry you through alot of different styles of music. I can totaly and confidently recomend a Mexican made Strat. I have yet to play a Mexican Strat I didn't like. They are pretty consistent.

Comment

Working...
                    X