kramer focus 6000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kramer focus 6000

My nephew wants to buy a cheap guitar and we found one of these, are they any good?I haven't seen it yet and I know nothing about Kramers any info would be great thanx

kramer focus 6000

My nephew wants to buy a cheap guitar and we found one of these, are they any good?I haven't seen it yet and I know nothing about Kramers any info would be great thanx

Comment

Re: kramer focus 6000

They are ok, depends on the price. Don't pay more than $150US. For $200-$300 you could get a Kramer PAcer American.

Comment

They are ok, depends on the price. Don't pay more than $150US. For $200-$300 you could get a Kramer PAcer American.

Comment

I had one years ago that came from a pawn shop for just over $100 and I agree. They're very average but if there are no structural problems they can be set up to play halfway decently. But if it's above $200 or so I'd look at some of the Charvel Model series instead.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I had one years ago that came from a pawn shop for just over $100 and I agree. They're very average but if there are no structural problems they can be set up to play halfway decently. But if it's above $200 or so I'd look at some of the Charvel Model series instead.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Those guitars were made 100% by ESP in Japan with Original Floyd Rose trems. ESP still makes the same guitar basically and charges over $1000 for it. Excellent guitars for the money, worth from $150 to $200 depending on condition, if the OFR is still there, case, etc.

Of course, by now, it may need a complete setup but those were pretty decent guitars.

Comment

Those guitars were made 100% by ESP in Japan with Original Floyd Rose trems. ESP still makes the same guitar basically and charges over $1000 for it. Excellent guitars for the money, worth from $150 to $200 depending on condition, if the OFR is still there, case, etc.

Of course, by now, it may need a complete setup but those were pretty decent guitars.

Comment

There´s nothing wrong woth the Focuses (Focii?)...they´re solid japanese guitars, and alot better than most of the junk that´s out there in the same (very low) pricerange. Just make sure that you don´t pay too much, and steer clear of the Strikers.

Comment

There´s nothing wrong woth the Focuses (Focii?)...they´re solid japanese guitars, and alot better than most of the junk that´s out there in the same (very low) pricerange. Just make sure that you don´t pay too much, and steer clear of the Strikers.

Comment

I bought a Focus 6000 brand new way too many years ago, and I wasn't all that thrilled with it. Of course, it probably wasn't that thrilled with me, either--I sucked as a player back then, as opposed to my current state of near mediocrity.

I remember that it seemed to have a rather weak sound. Probably a new set of pickups would remedy that.

Comment

I bought a Focus 6000 brand new way too many years ago, and I wasn't all that thrilled with it. Of course, it probably wasn't that thrilled with me, either--I sucked as a player back then, as opposed to my current state of near mediocrity.

I remember that it seemed to have a rather weak sound. Probably a new set of pickups would remedy that.

Comment

Yep, the Focus series guitars had high dollar trems but cheapo weak and lifeless Japanese pickups.

Somebody made a good point, if you're looking in the $200 range, you can get a 87-88 Charvel Model 2,3 or 4 or an 89-91 Charvel Model 375 or 475, all excellent Japanese guitars, better than the Kramer Focus series.

Comment

Yep, the Focus series guitars had high dollar trems but cheapo weak and lifeless Japanese pickups.

Somebody made a good point, if you're looking in the $200 range, you can get a 87-88 Charvel Model 2,3 or 4 or an 89-91 Charvel Model 375 or 475, all excellent Japanese guitars, better than the Kramer Focus series.

Comment

Working...
                            X