Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kit guitars

Wasn't talking to you, dickhead! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      I figure that a kit bass would be my best option, since I want a GOOD bass at a fairly low price.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you checked eBay?
      USA bass under $400

I too was looking for a good, cheap bass a while back. It seems like the best deals on used made-in-the-USA basses are G&L and Hamer.

That Torres kit looks like a Korean Squier handed to you in pieces. Would you really want to spend the extra money and time required to apply the paint and finish on such a cheap guitar? I'd say go for the Carvin kit or look for a used bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
        I figure that a kit bass would be my best option, since I want a GOOD bass at a fairly low price.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you checked eBay?
        USA bass under $400

I too was looking for a good, cheap bass a while back. It seems like the best deals on used made-in-the-USA basses are G&L and Hamer.

That Torres kit looks like a Korean Squier handed to you in pieces. Would you really want to spend the extra money and time required to apply the paint and finish on such a cheap guitar? I'd say go for the Carvin kit or look for a used bass.

Comment

Which Dickhead are you refering to RX, i just want to figure out if I was the main DH [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Which Dickhead are you refering to RX, i just want to figure out if I was the main DH [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Ron: Doesn't matter. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think Torres' kits are the same as the Saga kits too. The relative crapness doesn't bug me, mostly because it only takes a few hours to tung oil a body and any problems I'd run across would be relatively easy to fix.

Not that it matters much. I managed to snag a Charvel Model 3B off of eBay. I might pick up one of those Saga kits just to have something to mess with, but I'm set for right now. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Ron: Doesn't matter. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think Torres' kits are the same as the Saga kits too. The relative crapness doesn't bug me, mostly because it only takes a few hours to tung oil a body and any problems I'd run across would be relatively easy to fix.

Not that it matters much. I managed to snag a Charvel Model 3B off of eBay. I might pick up one of those Saga kits just to have something to mess with, but I'm set for right now. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

the kits that Torres Engineering sells look like the saga kits you can buy on ebay for like 99.00 . i bought one of the strat kits and after a good set up it plays great.its sound pretty good to ,i mean sounds good for a 79.00 guitar.i changed the pickups after i had it for awhile added a ESP logo to the headstock and people think its a esp,i was offered 450.00 for one day .i just laughed and said no.

Comment

the kits that Torres Engineering sells look like the saga kits you can buy on ebay for like 99.00 . i bought one of the strat kits and after a good set up it plays great.its sound pretty good to ,i mean sounds good for a 79.00 guitar.i changed the pickups after i had it for awhile added a ESP logo to the headstock and people think its a esp,i was offered 450.00 for one day .i just laughed and said no.

Comment

Working...
                    X