X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look familiar to anyone?

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/it...8&PRID=1123823

This is still mahogony
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

err....
      mahogany
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

err....
        mahogany

Comment

did i read that ad correctly? 30lbs? that can't be the weight of the guitar can it? man that would suck to carry around.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

did i read that ad correctly? 30lbs? that can't be the weight of the guitar can it? man that would suck to carry around.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, but it's from Rondo Music! They're a local shop here in NJ that we like to call Rondouche. I wouldn't buy anything from that place.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry, but it's from Rondo Music! They're a local shop here in NJ that we like to call Rondouche. I wouldn't buy anything from that place.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek:

This is still mahogony
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                  Anybody that thinks for one instant that those Agile el-cheapo's were ever made of real American Mahogany should go back to their crack pipe... These things are so-called "Asian Mahogany", which comes from a tree that isn't even in the same genus as American Mahogany! It's lighter, with a different grain, and has no relation to the Mahogany we know and love as a guitar tone wood except for the fact that some saki-addled European once thought the reddish colored wood looked something like the wood from a Mahogany tree, and dubbed it so back when science was still an idle hobby for the indulgent rich. So the bottom line is that, that thing's Mahogany, like Zen is "Asian Ash" - no relation, no comparison.
                  [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ December 01, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Jimi D ]

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek:

This is still mahogony
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                    Anybody that thinks for one instant that those Agile el-cheapo's were ever made of real American Mahogany should go back to their crack pipe... These things are so-called "Asian Mahogany", which comes from a tree that isn't even in the same genus as American Mahogany! It's lighter, with a different grain, and has no relation to the Mahogany we know and love as a guitar tone wood except for the fact that some saki-addled European once thought the reddish colored wood looked something like the wood from a Mahogany tree, and dubbed it so back when science was still an idle hobby for the indulgent rich. So the bottom line is that, that thing's Mahogany, like Zen is "Asian Ash" - no relation, no comparison.
                    [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ December 01, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Jimi D ]

Comment

Youse gets whats youse payd for...........If you want to read some real funny stuff, lurk over at Harmony Central, and bear witness to people who actually believe their budget guitar is as good or better than the real thing.........Ahhhh the good ole days when I was one of those guys. A 12 year old with a SG & an LP copy.............Then I bought a real SG & LP..........Poof! reality........

Comment

Youse gets whats youse payd for...........If you want to read some real funny stuff, lurk over at Harmony Central, and bear witness to people who actually believe their budget guitar is as good or better than the real thing.........Ahhhh the good ole days when I was one of those guys. A 12 year old with a SG & an LP copy.............Then I bought a real SG & LP..........Poof! reality........

Comment

Poof! I'd still take a good Korean Epiphone over evena mid-priced Gibson. At least the Epi won't have fret ends that slice the shit out of my hands. We're talking NEW, not vintage, BTW. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You might get what you pay for, but not if you're buying a new Gibson. Back when I actually had money (jobs are cool) I considered buying a good Les Paul but changed my mind after a really bad run-in with new Gibsons at both GC and Mars. We're not talking about the usual missing pieces and scratched finishes, either.

Gtrplyr666: No, it's not 30 pounds.
                          Note, this item is "UPS oversize" and ships as if it weighs 30 lbs. Actual weight is only 5 lbs.
                          Due to the oversized box, it gets sent UPS oversized. That's all.

Something to consider is that the Indian made Jacksons are largely mahogany. It's not very high quality, but it's still mahogany. Keep that in mind when reading about cheapass guitars.

Comment

Poof! I'd still take a good Korean Epiphone over evena mid-priced Gibson. At least the Epi won't have fret ends that slice the shit out of my hands. We're talking NEW, not vintage, BTW. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You might get what you pay for, but not if you're buying a new Gibson. Back when I actually had money (jobs are cool) I considered buying a good Les Paul but changed my mind after a really bad run-in with new Gibsons at both GC and Mars. We're not talking about the usual missing pieces and scratched finishes, either.

Gtrplyr666: No, it's not 30 pounds.
                            Note, this item is "UPS oversize" and ships as if it weighs 30 lbs. Actual weight is only 5 lbs.
                            Due to the oversized box, it gets sent UPS oversized. That's all.

Something to consider is that the Indian made Jacksons are largely mahogany. It's not very high quality, but it's still mahogany. Keep that in mind when reading about cheapass guitars.

Comment

They can use Nato and legal still refer to it as mahoghany...................Thats pretty devious, but obviously the thick plastic finish holding the wood stright and together has fooled quite a bit of people............Too bad after about 10 years, it will split and fall apart.........

Comment

They can use Nato and legal still refer to it as mahoghany...................Thats pretty devious, but obviously the thick plastic finish holding the wood stright and together has fooled quite a bit of people............Too bad after about 10 years, it will split and fall apart.........

Comment

Working...
                                X