Look familiar to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look familiar to anyone?

Lets not forget poplar is also in the pine family. Nato is reffered to as an Asian mohagony although looks and sounds nothing like american or honduran mohagony. Agathis is a plentiful and cheap would used in production of guitars made in Asia. (not the band Asia). Squiers were/are agathis although now the Fender Frontline says they are Alder. hmm makes ya wonder don't it. Obviously not north american alder as that would be to expensive to export out to China or Indonesia where the squiers are made. So its probably a asain alder or maybe the ever fantabulous tonewood of Agathis.
    Gil

Comment

Lets not forget poplar is also in the pine family. Nato is reffered to as an Asian mohagony although looks and sounds nothing like american or honduran mohagony. Agathis is a plentiful and cheap would used in production of guitars made in Asia. (not the band Asia). Squiers were/are agathis although now the Fender Frontline says they are Alder. hmm makes ya wonder don't it. Obviously not north american alder as that would be to expensive to export out to China or Indonesia where the squiers are made. So its probably a asain alder or maybe the ever fantabulous tonewood of Agathis.
      Gil

Comment

I've got a Rondo guitar.

This is one of those "...for the money" guitars. IOW, it's a really cool guitar for the money. The reason I bought it is because I wanted a fretless guitar and this was really, really cheap. The finish is awesome. The top is gorgeous. It even sounds pretty good. But it ain't no Gibson. Those folks on Harmony Central saying that their Agile goldtop is as good as a Gibson are seriously mistaken - they're just saying stuff like that to feel better about their purchase.

BTW, if any of you are ever in the neighborhood and want to play out of tune no matter what you do, you're welcome to stop in and play my fretless. Most of the time when I play this thing it sounds like dying cats. So naturally I play loud [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've got a Rondo guitar.

This is one of those "...for the money" guitars. IOW, it's a really cool guitar for the money. The reason I bought it is because I wanted a fretless guitar and this was really, really cheap. The finish is awesome. The top is gorgeous. It even sounds pretty good. But it ain't no Gibson. Those folks on Harmony Central saying that their Agile goldtop is as good as a Gibson are seriously mistaken - they're just saying stuff like that to feel better about their purchase.

BTW, if any of you are ever in the neighborhood and want to play out of tune no matter what you do, you're welcome to stop in and play my fretless. Most of the time when I play this thing it sounds like dying cats. So naturally I play loud [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

My new favorite term is "...made from HPL"
            HPL=Hard Pressed Laminate! Particle board! HA! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

My new favorite term is "...made from HPL"
              HPL=Hard Pressed Laminate! Particle board! HA! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for clearing that up BM.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for clearing that up BM.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

A strat with a Tune O Matic bridge! I always thought Fender should have done this. And No I'm not kidding, I think this is cool.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

A strat with a Tune O Matic bridge! I always thought Fender should have done this. And No I'm not kidding, I think this is cool.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                      X