Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

Well, I have plenty of Carvins and Jacksons. Even more Charvels and Deans. But as I said, this one came in a trade...I didn't have to give much for it at all. For what I gave, it's really NICE firewood! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And again...I'm not even a Les Paul fan.
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Well, I have plenty of Carvins and Jacksons. Even more Charvels and Deans. But as I said, this one came in a trade...I didn't have to give much for it at all. For what I gave, it's really NICE firewood! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And again...I'm not even a Les Paul fan.
      Dana <~~~
      '85 Rhoads Custom
      '86 SD Str*t
      '86 Model 4 (5)
      '87 Model 1
      '87 Model 6
      '88 Model 3DR
      '90 650 XL
      '94 KE-3
      '97 DR Amberburst
      '97 Dinky BOFlames
      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

It's a shame that the Les Paul Forum is now "Pay-to-enter", because it was always fun seeing how much vitriol could be generated when someone posted about how good their Epiphone was! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a shame that the Les Paul Forum is now "Pay-to-enter", because it was always fun seeing how much vitriol could be generated when someone posted about how good their Epiphone was! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

the Kramer Customs on MusicYo look to be a steal as well...
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

the Kramer Customs on MusicYo look to be a steal as well...
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I don't think Epiphones are a good deal at all. Sure there is an occasional stinker in any line but I haven't picked up a good Epiphone in years.

I'll be the first to say that I don't think too much of a lot of the other copy guitars out there but I'd take an Agile over an Epiphone for sure. Not too long ago I wanted a Fretless guitar so I bought one of those Agile's from Rondo music for $199. It is a much better guitar than the current crop of Epiphones. I'm not one of those crack smokers on Harmony Central that thinks the Agile is better than a Historic series Gibson [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but it is better than an Epiphone for sure. Look at this one for $349:
                http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/it...8&PRID=1426835
                An Epiphone with that top and hardware would probably run you $650-700 (or more?).

The way I look at it is if you are going to get a cheap guitar you shouldn't have to pay that much for it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I don't think Epiphones are a good deal at all. Sure there is an occasional stinker in any line but I haven't picked up a good Epiphone in years.

I'll be the first to say that I don't think too much of a lot of the other copy guitars out there but I'd take an Agile over an Epiphone for sure. Not too long ago I wanted a Fretless guitar so I bought one of those Agile's from Rondo music for $199. It is a much better guitar than the current crop of Epiphones. I'm not one of those crack smokers on Harmony Central that thinks the Agile is better than a Historic series Gibson [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but it is better than an Epiphone for sure. Look at this one for $349:
                  http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/it...8&PRID=1426835
                  An Epiphone with that top and hardware would probably run you $650-700 (or more?).

The way I look at it is if you are going to get a cheap guitar you shouldn't have to pay that much for it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                    i`ve owned a couple of the higher end ones and my opinion is as follows [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] use it for firewood and put $600 into a used Jackson USA or Hamer USA, i wouldn`t pay $300 for an EPI anything and the Gibsons ain`t much better just priced much higher, their quality control and components suck [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Carvin-Jackson-Hamer, money well spent [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Firewood huh... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                      i`ve owned a couple of the higher end ones and my opinion is as follows [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] use it for firewood and put $600 into a used Jackson USA or Hamer USA, i wouldn`t pay $300 for an EPI anything and the Gibsons ain`t much better just priced much higher, their quality control and components suck [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Carvin-Jackson-Hamer, money well spent [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Firewood huh... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                        Firewood huh... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have more respect for my fireplace than that. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Nothing but the best sterno log for my fireplace. Oh wait, that is an Epiphone, nevermind. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                          Firewood huh... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have more respect for my fireplace than that. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Nothing but the best sterno log for my fireplace. Oh wait, that is an Epiphone, nevermind. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

I love this place. I am going to Cosco tonight to look for a pack of Epi-Sterno logs. Actually when you think about it.. Les Pauls first guitar was referred to as the "log" guitar. hmmm... fate? or destiny?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love this place. I am going to Cosco tonight to look for a pack of Epi-Sterno logs. Actually when you think about it.. Les Pauls first guitar was referred to as the "log" guitar. hmmm... fate? or destiny?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You can get a BC Rich USA gunslinger on E-bay for cheap... THose are amazing guitars

Comment

Working...
                                X