Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

I searched all through the "Other Manufacturers" forum, but didn't see any threads about these. I recently aquired one in a trade, and didn't really expect a whole lot. I was thoroughly surprised when the guitar turned out to be really nice. It's a limited edition blackburst with a gorgeous quilted maple top. It plays really great, the intonation is dead on...which really surprised me, and it just looks and feels like a much more expensive guitar than it is. Heck, mine doesn't even sound half bad with the stock pickups. I had a couple of real Les Pauls back in the 80's, and the ones I had were not as nice as this Epiphone. Just curious what you guys think about them. I'm still a Jackson/Charvel/Dean player, but was pleasantly surprised by this guitar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

I searched all through the "Other Manufacturers" forum, but didn't see any threads about these. I recently aquired one in a trade, and didn't really expect a whole lot. I was thoroughly surprised when the guitar turned out to be really nice. It's a limited edition blackburst with a gorgeous quilted maple top. It plays really great, the intonation is dead on...which really surprised me, and it just looks and feels like a much more expensive guitar than it is. Heck, mine doesn't even sound half bad with the stock pickups. I had a couple of real Les Pauls back in the 80's, and the ones I had were not as nice as this Epiphone. Just curious what you guys think about them. I'm still a Jackson/Charvel/Dean player, but was pleasantly surprised by this guitar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Re: Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

I've played a few at the stores, they seemed okay, but I always thought they were pricey for what the were.

Now, the best Les Paul copy I've played personaly was a 3 pup White Beauty by Dillion.

It looked absolutely law-suit gorgeous and felt pretty good to the touch.

Hmmm... mebbe I should grab it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've played a few at the stores, they seemed okay, but I always thought they were pricey for what the were.

Now, the best Les Paul copy I've played personaly was a 3 pup White Beauty by Dillion.

It looked absolutely law-suit gorgeous and felt pretty good to the touch.

Hmmm... mebbe I should grab it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

At the normal $600 price they're a good value. Pick one up on sale for cheaper and you're getting a good deal. I'll put it to you like this... I'd rather buy a $600 Epi than a $600 Gibson. The fact that they don't weigh five tons is always a plus.

Comment

At the normal $600 price they're a good value. Pick one up on sale for cheaper and you're getting a good deal. I'll put it to you like this... I'd rather buy a $600 Epi than a $600 Gibson. The fact that they don't weigh five tons is always a plus.

Comment

What IS it about Les Pauls that make them weigh so much? It's got a rather smallish body, and there are other maple-on-mahogany bodies out there that probably don't weigh half as much as the Les Paul body. Really dense mahogany and maple or what? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

What IS it about Les Pauls that make them weigh so much? It's got a rather smallish body, and there are other maple-on-mahogany bodies out there that probably don't weigh half as much as the Les Paul body. Really dense mahogany and maple or what? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow. I had that same guitar. Sold it on ebay for $375 about 10 months ago. DOOOHHH !!! It was so nice you could drink coffee on it ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

By the way, does yours have 2nd stamped over the serial # ? Every single Epi "joe perry sig look-alike" that I saw was stamped 2nd

Comment

Wow. I had that same guitar. Sold it on ebay for $375 about 10 months ago. DOOOHHH !!! It was so nice you could drink coffee on it ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

By the way, does yours have 2nd stamped over the serial # ? Every single Epi "joe perry sig look-alike" that I saw was stamped 2nd

Comment

No, mine doesn't have a 2nd stamped over the serial number, so I guess it's not a second. I certainly can't find any flaws on it, and I got it for less than $375, too. Oh well, I'm happy with it, anyway. I'm very picky about how my axes play, and this one is set up very nicely for shredding. I'm not even a Les Paul fan, so for me to say that takes a lot. This one will be a keeper.
                      Dana <~~~
                      '85 Rhoads Custom
                      '86 SD Str*t
                      '86 Model 4 (5)
                      '87 Model 1
                      '87 Model 6
                      '88 Model 3DR
                      '90 650 XL
                      '94 KE-3
                      '97 DR Amberburst
                      '97 Dinky BOFlames
                      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

No, mine doesn't have a 2nd stamped over the serial number, so I guess it's not a second. I certainly can't find any flaws on it, and I got it for less than $375, too. Oh well, I'm happy with it, anyway. I'm very picky about how my axes play, and this one is set up very nicely for shredding. I'm not even a Les Paul fan, so for me to say that takes a lot. This one will be a keeper.
                        Dana <~~~
                        '85 Rhoads Custom
                        '86 SD Str*t
                        '86 Model 4 (5)
                        '87 Model 1
                        '87 Model 6
                        '88 Model 3DR
                        '90 650 XL
                        '94 KE-3
                        '97 DR Amberburst
                        '97 Dinky BOFlames
                        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Hey, Dana...glad to see you posting again on the JCF. How are things? This Epiphone sounds like a nice one...great score. Didja trade somebody on the Dean forum for it?

Comment

Stupid double posts.

Comment

Hey, Dana...glad to see you posting again on the JCF. How are things? This Epiphone sounds like a nice one...great score. Didja trade somebody on the Dean forum for it?

Comment

Working...
                              X