Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody have opinions on the Epiphone Les Pauls??

You can get a BC Rich USA gunslinger on E-bay for cheap... THose are amazing guitars

Comment

While the Epiphones may not be USA quality intruments, they are for sure far from firewood. There are plenty of Maya, Montoya, Encore, Cort, Harmony, Aria and Hohner guitars that fit that bill nicely.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

While the Epiphones may not be USA quality intruments, they are for sure far from firewood. There are plenty of Maya, Montoya, Encore, Cort, Harmony, Aria and Hohner guitars that fit that bill nicely.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The present high end Cort models, have you played one? I picked up a CL-1400 the other day I thought they're really well made. Some of the most impressive craftsmanship to come out of Korea I think. The CL-1500 looks like alot of bang for buck value in a new guitar.

Maya is basically Hoshino if I remember my Japanese plants. You'd be suprised at a mid-late 70's set neck copy IF you can find one. Hohner used to be a joke along with Maya as you could get these MIJ copies in abundance. The set neck Hohner Les Paul copies are not bad.

Comment

The present high end Cort models, have you played one? I picked up a CL-1400 the other day I thought they're really well made. Some of the most impressive craftsmanship to come out of Korea I think. The CL-1500 looks like alot of bang for buck value in a new guitar.

Maya is basically Hoshino if I remember my Japanese plants. You'd be suprised at a mid-late 70's set neck copy IF you can find one. Hohner used to be a joke along with Maya as you could get these MIJ copies in abundance. The set neck Hohner Les Paul copies are not bad.

Comment

Aria Pro 2 Les Paul copy with a set neck? Don't toss it into the fire! I'll take it!

Comment

Aria Pro 2 Les Paul copy with a set neck? Don't toss it into the fire! I'll take it!

Comment

I was referring to the extra cheesy bolt ons of days gone by. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Scott

Comment

I was referring to the extra cheesy bolt ons of days gone by. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Scott

Comment

I've got a COUPLE of cheezy LP copies like that. I keep meaning to get some fretwire and fix one up, but never think about it. The cool thing is the arched top. The body is a solid chunk of what appears to be alder (this is an Electra) and the top is a piece of plywood (at least it's sturdy plywood) that's been bent. It has a really strange tone, as you could expect. Total POS, but I paid like $100 for it on eBay last year intending to learn binding repairs but haven't got around to it.

Comment

I've got a COUPLE of cheezy LP copies like that. I keep meaning to get some fretwire and fix one up, but never think about it. The cool thing is the arched top. The body is a solid chunk of what appears to be alder (this is an Electra) and the top is a piece of plywood (at least it's sturdy plywood) that's been bent. It has a really strange tone, as you could expect. Total POS, but I paid like $100 for it on eBay last year intending to learn binding repairs but haven't got around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, speaking of the Aria Pro II LP, I just sold one of those, a Goldtop, to my brother. That was one of the nicest copies I have ever seen. It was from the late 70's, and it was dead-on accurate. Found it in a pawnshop in mint condition with mint condition case...$225. I shoulda kept that one. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                          Dana <~~~
                          '85 Rhoads Custom
                          '86 SD Str*t
                          '86 Model 4 (5)
                          '87 Model 1
                          '87 Model 6
                          '88 Model 3DR
                          '90 650 XL
                          '94 KE-3
                          '97 DR Amberburst
                          '97 Dinky BOFlames
                          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, speaking of the Aria Pro II LP, I just sold one of those, a Goldtop, to my brother. That was one of the nicest copies I have ever seen. It was from the late 70's, and it was dead-on accurate. Found it in a pawnshop in mint condition with mint condition case...$225. I shoulda kept that one. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                            Dana <~~~
                            '85 Rhoads Custom
                            '86 SD Str*t
                            '86 Model 4 (5)
                            '87 Model 1
                            '87 Model 6
                            '88 Model 3DR
                            '90 650 XL
                            '94 KE-3
                            '97 DR Amberburst
                            '97 Dinky BOFlames
                            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Dang Dana...you keep makin me bang my head on the desk. I was just thinking today how much I want a Gold Top Les Paul!! No lie! Well.. IF he ever wants to unload it.. please do not hesitate to drop me a PM. One of these days I'll actually have some $ left over to buy a deal thru ya.

Japan was making great copies then...in thier prime..and Aria was no exception. The pro 2 set necks were very nice. All metric dimensions tho I believe.

Comment

Dang Dana...you keep makin me bang my head on the desk. I was just thinking today how much I want a Gold Top Les Paul!! No lie! Well.. IF he ever wants to unload it.. please do not hesitate to drop me a PM. One of these days I'll actually have some $ left over to buy a deal thru ya.

Japan was making great copies then...in thier prime..and Aria was no exception. The pro 2 set necks were very nice. All metric dimensions tho I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X