Ibanez RG help? which pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez RG help? which pickups?

I just ordered a Jazz neck and a Custom bridge for my RG1527. They should be in pretty soon. I can let you know how they sound then. Although, I have a feeling they're going to be pretty badass from everything I have heard from others.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
      I just ordered a Jazz neck and a Custom bridge for my RG1527. They should be in pretty soon. I can let you know how they sound then. Although, I have a feeling they're going to be pretty badass from everything I have heard from others.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that is the set a lot of others are telling me to try first [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that is the set a lot of others are telling me to try first [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I had an RG a while back - I'd suggest going the Dimarzio route as well. I normally like Duncans better but the Ibanez's seem to work better with Dimarzios. I would go with the Evolutions.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I had an RG a while back - I'd suggest going the Dimarzio route as well. I normally like Duncans better but the Ibanez's seem to work better with Dimarzios. I would go with the Evolutions.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

If you want tight low end and non sreechy highs there's the DiMarzio Super 3 or Duncan either Custom or Custom Custom, I can't remember which but the tone chart on it looks like it's giving you the finger, peaked mids, with tight lows and chopped highs, same as a Super 3.

Comment

If you want tight low end and non sreechy highs there's the DiMarzio Super 3 or Duncan either Custom or Custom Custom, I can't remember which but the tone chart on it looks like it's giving you the finger, peaked mids, with tight lows and chopped highs, same as a Super 3.

Comment

I have a JB in the bridge of my RG250DX as well. It does work nicely. A hotrails sounds pretty [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] by itself, but when coupled with the JB, i love it.

Comment

I have a JB in the bridge of my RG250DX as well. It does work nicely. A hotrails sounds pretty [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] by itself, but when coupled with the JB, i love it.

Comment

I just don't think it is right to put Duncans in an Ibanez. Ibanez and Dimarzio go together.

Comment

I just don't think it is right to put Duncans in an Ibanez. Ibanez and Dimarzio go together.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">why is that? in dimarzio these peaked my interest,

The Breed™ Bridge Model DP166 & DP166F

If you've seen Steve Vai perform in the last few years, you may have seen him playing a Jem guitar with the word Pogo taped on the face. Steve wanted one of his instruments to have a fat, classic humbucker sound to contrast with the hotter, screaming Evolution®-equipped guitars. This is the bridge pickup we developed for him.

Recommended For:

Bridge position for solid body guitars.

Tech Talk:

The Breed was designed to warm up and smooth out the sound of 25½ scale trem guitars. It's got a lot more power than a PAF®, but it also has a finer 'touch' than high-output models. Picking hard will generate a lot of voltage, but a softer attack will clean up the sound of an overdriven amp.

Specifications:

Wiring Standard four conductor
                          Magnet Alnico 5
                          Output 356mV
                          DC Resistance 17.07K
                          Year of introduction 1997
                          Patent # 4,501,185

they make a bridge and neck version [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">why is that? in dimarzio these peaked my interest,

The Breed™ Bridge Model DP166 & DP166F

If you've seen Steve Vai perform in the last few years, you may have seen him playing a Jem guitar with the word Pogo taped on the face. Steve wanted one of his instruments to have a fat, classic humbucker sound to contrast with the hotter, screaming Evolution®-equipped guitars. This is the bridge pickup we developed for him.

Recommended For:

Bridge position for solid body guitars.

Tech Talk:

The Breed was designed to warm up and smooth out the sound of 25½ scale trem guitars. It's got a lot more power than a PAF®, but it also has a finer 'touch' than high-output models. Picking hard will generate a lot of voltage, but a softer attack will clean up the sound of an overdriven amp.

Specifications:

Wiring Standard four conductor
                            Magnet Alnico 5
                            Output 356mV
                            DC Resistance 17.07K
                            Year of introduction 1997
                            Patent # 4,501,185

they make a bridge and neck version [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X