Thanks for the thread!!!!

Comment

Re: Inside the Fender Corona Factory

Most excellent!!!

Felt like i was almost there!!

Thanks for the thread!!!!

Comment

Leo Fender was a huge fan of big machines. You should look at old factory pictures. They had these gigantic presses for stamping out everything from amp chassis to control plates, bridge saddles, and pickguards. From the 1950's up to the early 1980's, Fender made every single part with the only exception being tuning keys (1965-1975 they actually made those too, but they sucked), potentiometers, capacitors, jacks screws, and a few knobs (they did make many of their own knobs as well). In the 80's they did outsource some parts (brass hardware was from APM), especially in the first few years the current owners had the company. It was something they had to do as they were still setting up the equipment to start making their own bridges again. Today the USA plant is back to making just about everything again besides tuning keys and a few bridges. There aren't too many companies out there that actually make all of their own parts. Even Gibson gets almost all of its metal hardware from Schaller.

Comment

Leo Fender was a huge fan of big machines. You should look at old factory pictures. They had these gigantic presses for stamping out everything from amp chassis to control plates, bridge saddles, and pickguards. From the 1950's up to the early 1980's, Fender made every single part with the only exception being tuning keys (1965-1975 they actually made those too, but they sucked), potentiometers, capacitors, jacks screws, and a few knobs (they did make many of their own knobs as well). In the 80's they did outsource some parts (brass hardware was from APM), especially in the first few years the current owners had the company. It was something they had to do as they were still setting up the equipment to start making their own bridges again. Today the USA plant is back to making just about everything again besides tuning keys and a few bridges. There aren't too many companies out there that actually make all of their own parts. Even Gibson gets almost all of its metal hardware from Schaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
            . Today the USA plant is back to making just about everything again besides tuning keys and a few bridges. There aren't too many companies out there that actually make all of their own parts. Even Gibson gets almost all of its metal hardware from Schaller.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is exactly what I read in magazines interviewing guys from Custom Shops.
            They have a department where people design machines to build any parts they need for building guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
              . Today the USA plant is back to making just about everything again besides tuning keys and a few bridges. There aren't too many companies out there that actually make all of their own parts. Even Gibson gets almost all of its metal hardware from Schaller.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is exactly what I read in magazines interviewing guys from Custom Shops.
              They have a department where people design machines to build any parts they need for building guitars.

Comment

Here's some more great stuff on the same topic:
                http://www.pfonline.com/articles/060302.html
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Here's some more great stuff on the same topic:
                  http://www.pfonline.com/articles/060302.html
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Will we see pic of the jackson custom shop in the new location [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] ???

Comment

Will we see pic of the jackson custom shop in the new location [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] ???

Comment

Working...
                      X