CAPARISON guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAPARISON guitars

yup...I caught evergrey in september. Awesoem band. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Warrior -

I am pretty good friends with the guys in EVERGREY (Tom and Henrik are endorsed by Caparison), and we have talked at length about the quality of their guitars. They have their models custom built for them, even the pickups are their own design and made to their specs. Tom told me he could get me one just like his (even with the "E" inlay at the 12th fret), but it would be expensive, and even moreso to ship from Sweden. But he said they are every bit as good quality wise as Jacksons. Henrik's is an awesome natural koa soloist style...you can see pics of their axes at their website (www.evergrey.net).

Comment

It's been cool watching them grow - I missed their first US performance at Powermad (1999 or 98?) but have seen them at EVERY Progpower, and caught them at BW&BK fest in Cleveland last year, as well as at the Worcester date of the last US tour (late Aug).
        They are awesomely cool guys to hang with as well. Their set at PP4 consisted of 8-9 guitars changes, with 4 different tunings. Definitely kept the crew on our feet. And Henrik plays the hell out of his guitars... seems like he picks much harder than Tom.
        To those who haven't seen them, I definitely recommend catching them live if you get the chance.

Comment

Dammit - took too long to get back to my post.. anywayhere were the dates of the last tour:
          Evergrey North American Tour supporting Arch Enemy
          (Dates/Times subject to change, please call your local venue for up to the minute details)
          Aug. 25 Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
          Aug. 27 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre
          Aug. 28 Brooklyn, NY @ Lamour http://www.lamourrocks.com
          Aug. 29 Worcester, MA @ Palladium
          Aug. 30 Montreol @ Fou Founes
          Sep. 01 Toronto @ The Upper Rocket
          Sep. 02 Cleveland, Ohio @ Agora Ballroom
          Sep. 03 Chicago ,IL The Bottom Line
          Sep. 05 Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
          Sep. 06 Atlanta Georgia Progpower USA (only Evergrey)
          Keep an eye on www.evergrey.net for future info...

Comment

thats interesting to be sure...

this is off-subject from the Evergrey guys, but it seems like a Lot of Swedish bands are using caparison guitars, from Opeth to Arch Enemy.

seems a bit weird to me, since caparison is a japanses guitar company, if memory serves...

Comment

Arch Enemy has a huge audience(Probably their biggest) in Japan, so it's no surprise that they play Japanese guitars. I've never heard of Opeth ever using Caparisons. All the times I've seen them they've used PRS's and Les Pauls. I know they used to use a Jackson Rhoads, and occasionally a back up Fender strat.

Comment

Here is the link to the official Caparison Homepage. Some of it is in english, and some of it is not. Hope this helps you out. http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison.html

Comment

Yeah, I saw them three times in the past 6 months! haha... I was at the BW&BK fest, saw them at ProgPower IV and I was at the Toronto show that Wayniac posted. Really fantastic guys. I email back and forth with Henrik, Tom and Jonas (the new drummer) quite often. The Caparison that Henrik abuses is very nice indeed (or used to be when it was new - haha). And yeah, Recreation Day is a great CD... all of their releases are quality progressive metal!

Hey, for those at PP IV, remember Biffen (their tech) running out on stage - all 300 lbs of him - to hand different guitars to the guys without a shirt on? HAHA!! That was classic! We had a party in out hotel room after that show, and the band came down and partied with us. They ate all of our pizza before I even got a piece... cool dudes, to be sure! I think fellow JCFers Michael and Matt Crooks were there too, but they were pretty well hammered.... haha. Then again, who wasn't? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh I'm Sorry! it wasn;t opeth, it was Soilwork I believe, both guitarists use the Horus models.

Comment

www.progpowerusa.com
                      New Evergrey video up
                      They used Peavey 5150's for this show....

Comment

Anyways...all the bands that use them are very cool (IMO)...Arch Enemy, Soilwork, EG...etc...

But here's my original question...does anyone know if they may be distributed over here at some point? or is there a dealer in the states that anyone knows of that will import one over here?
                        I'm really really curious to play one.
                        ~Ken

Comment

Henrik from Evergrey just sold one of his Caparisons. Kinda cool finish on this one: http://www.evergrey.net/gallery/deta...p?image_id=272
                          I talked to him briefly about buying it, but he wanted a bit more than I was willing to pay.

Comment

Caparisons are really nice looking guitars, has anyone tried out the Angelus models???

Comment

I've been looking along the lines of wanting to try something in the Horus series....or even that Flying V looks pretty killer. I love that headstock!

Comment

Working...
                              X