Les paul custom..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les paul custom..

hey just a quick question...i have what i was told is a rare les paul custom from 76'..

it has a cherry burst finish "this is what makes it rare" and gold hardware
    she is also super MINT.....

what would you guys think the value would be????

Re: Les paul custom..

$1500-$2000? Just a guess, though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i got her appraised at 2,500--3,000
      but im not sure....

i think i might sell her for a common black or white one...

cuz i want a camo paint job....
      and im scared to mess up this one.......

im sure you all understand......

she came out of grandmas closet....

Comment

Dude, shoot it over to ebay with a high reserve and see what happens. You may get all the money you need for a white one and the refin.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It's not really rare. People love to raise the "Rare" flag any chance they get. StukaJU87,s guess of $1500-$2000 is pretty close to the mark.

Matt

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Matt. A mint '76 Les Paul Custom, is what it is. They're sort of rare, I guess in a sense (mint, that is), but I don't think a particular color is more rare than another, unless of corse it was a special paint job or something. Nice guitars though. Just wait, soon they'll offer up Zakk's "camo bullseye" or whatever it is paintjob and you can just buy one new. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe the cherry bursts Customs from that era are a little rarer than the other Custom finishes--with the accent on "little"--you do see them around occasionally.

Comment

Black Label.. post a pic bro.. I want to see your 76 cherry burst custom.

Comment

if someone could host her for me>>>>

thanx all for your informaton....

she is beautiful.....

Comment

I will host it. Just email it to me.

Comment

thanx.....what do i save them as and send them to you????

Comment

Here is the pic of his cherry burst custom. Les Paul Custom

Comment

i wouldnt touch it as far as having a graphic added. think of it this way it made it this far with in that condition keep it that way. the grover imperials NICE TOUCH. if possible find a real beatup LP for $5-600 & have a graphic added to that. they are still out there especiallty deluxes that people routed for a full size hum or something like that. LP freaks tend to stay away from that stuff PURE players & great buys. I just missed one myself 70's LP deluxe, routed for hum in bridge & headstock drilled out for sperzel tuners, many chips, dents scratches, but no CRACKS or ISSUES $500....but i just couldnt do it.

Comment

I wouldn't fuck with it if it were mine dude.

If you want something else, I'd sell it outright and get something that I wanted or like somebody else said, buy a beat up Les Paul and have it professionally refinned.

That would be very valuable to somebody in say, a Kiss cover/tribute band with the Ace Frehley vibe it has going on.

Or....just let it sit in its case for another 20 years and then sell it. Lets face it, old Les Pauls are like land, they aren't making any more.

Comment

Ok thanx for the info....i'll keep her the same...she has came a far way with no breaks or repairs....

quick question....

does anyone want to buy Her?????

Comment

Working...
                              X