Takamine G-330S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takamine G-330S

Ok, I've had this acoustic for a while, and I played it often, but it's spent the last few months in the case (almost a year, actually) because the action is so high.
    Or rather, it WAS high [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    After adjusting the truss rod to straighten the neck, it was, of course, still too high. Even fretting Major chords was a PITFingers, so I took the nut and bridge off and sanded them down - now it's nice and playable almost like an electric [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I'd say it's got "average" electric-style action (a little high, but lots easier to fret and do scalar runs up to the body).
    If you've ever played this model, you probably know what the action is like.
    Anyhoo, no "before" pics, so no "after" pics - I thought for sure I'd screw it up and have to start over with a new set, so I didn't take pics [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    If you've got one of these, I heartily suggest sanding the nut and saddle down a bit to improve the action - you might find yourself playing it more often [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Takamine G-330S

I've had one for a couple of years, but I've never had a problem with the action. Maybe I lucked out. I also keep my electrics a little higher than your average J/C player, though, probably.

Comment

Re: Takamine G-330S

I bought this one used but in great shape. The action was easily 1/4" from the top of the last fret (unfretted) but now it's just under 3/16".
      I could probably drop it another 1/32" at the bridge.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X