Classical acoustics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classical acoustics?

Ok, so who makes a good-sounding, good-playing Classical for under $400? New or used is fine, but can anyone recommend a good used one that is seriously undervalued? I mean, we all know USA Jacksons are worth a fortune as far as quality and sound and playability, but they have horrible resale [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I'm looking for something close to that in a Classical.
    I've seen the Takamine, Ibanez, etc etc, but I've also been seeing these old '60s models Gibson CO models, but they look kinda small.
    Also, of those that have a Classical, have you noticed a major difference in tone between guitars made in Spain and those made in Europe?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Classical acoustics?

Newc I used to have an old Takamine. I don't remember the model. It had great sustain and a bright sound for a nylon stringed guitar. As for the spanish made classicals, the professor of my classical guitar class had one. Hands down it blew away everything in the classroom. Tone, sustain the quality of craftsmanship was top notch, and it was worth more than my entire ESP collection at the time. I have stumbled across old fender classicals that sound good and are below $400. Haven't played any of the old gibsons though.

Comment

Newc - to my ears, there is nothing finer than a good Spanish classical guitar. You should check out the LaPatrie line made by Seagull/Godin out of Canada. They're an excellent value for the money. I haven't run across any used ones, though. I have the "Collection" model with a cedar top, rosewood back and sides, glossy finish and mahogany neck. It's well balanced, comfortable to hold and capable of producing a real nice tone and decent volume. It's got a truss rod, too. Worth a look...

Comment

Thanks fellas [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, try to find a Carvin CL450 on Ebay. They sometimes come up and sell for around $450-$500.00. It is an outstanding guitar that costs a little over 1G new. You will be very happy.

Comment

Working...
          X