X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A decent thinline electric/acoustic?

Any opinions on these things?

I'm looking for a 6 string

I realize they don't have as full a sound as a regular acoustic, nor the projection.

I want to do alot of direct acoustic recording using that piezo sound.

I also want the lighter neck feel associated with thinlines.

Electronics are important, I'm a big fan of Fishman.

Thin appeals to me as I have a very confined space to work in, I'm tired of banging my Norman dreadnought 12 string into the console. (It does have an excellent Fishman Prefex-Pro setup)

I've been looking at Fender's stratocoustic, Yamaha's SLG100gs or APX series.

Or maybe a Kramer Ferrington from Ebay.

Thoughs? Opinions?

Re: A decent thinline electric/acoustic?

I have one of these.

http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearc...2=AC175&P1=GTR

Very nice. Mahogany bodied, neck through, ebony fretboard, custom shop options to your wallet's content. The only complaint I can think of is the action, as it's only so-so. And I hesitate to even call that a complaint, though, as I'm a stickler for low action and have YET to play an acoustic with better action.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Actually, here's a pic of mine...

Comment

I agree with Shredder! AC175 for steel strings or the CL450 for nylon. I had the CL450 and it was a work of art and sounded too good to be true.
        The Parker P38 although a solid body, gets great piezo "acoustic" tones.
        The Epi Chet Atkins SST or the Gibson version

I use a Seagull S6+ with the Fishman Micro EQ. It sounds outstanding especially because of the Mohagony neck.

Comment

The Carvin is worth every penny, they are sweet [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
          X