Your opinions on the ESP EC 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions on the ESP EC 1000

I need a Les Paul type guitar but don't want to spend too much money, since it is gonna be used mainly as a back up. I have read mixed reviews on the ESP EC 1000, so I'd like to hear your opinions on this guitar. It has locking tuners, emg's or duncan pups (depending on the model) and a tone pro bridge. What do you think?

Re: Your opinions on the ESP EC 1000

I am probably one of the biggest ESP fans on this board and own a ton of ESP customs and some rare and hard to find LTDs. Anyways my advice to you would be to buy a real Les Paul custom used that was made between 86 and 92+ because you can get them for a little over a grand. I just bought a black 89 Les Paul custom put EMGs a tone pros and sperzel locking tuners on it for around 1500 total. Thats the best thing to do just save a few more dollars for a couple more months and it will be worth it.

Comment

AK47,
      hey man! didn't know you posted here man, welcome!~! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I actually thought about a Gibson Les Paul Custom, but I don't know if I can handle the rounded neck, since I'm used to thinner necks. I know that the ESP's have thinner necks, so that was the reason I was thinking about getting one. Maybe a Les Paul Standard with a 60's neck could be a possibility.

Comment

I have found that Les Paul Customs tend to have thinner necks than the other versions.

Comment

Yeah, thanks 7th Angel in case you havent figured out I am EXPcustom from the ESP board. By the way I was suprised with my Les Paul custom the neck was the same size as the ones on my ESP custom explorers and the LP was pretty light compared to other Les Pauls I have played. For some reason I have heard that the Les Paul customs made in 89 are better for some reason than other Les Pauls made shortly before or after. Maybe because it was the 35th anniversary or maybe they just had a good luthier working just for that year. Kirk Hammett still uses his 89 Les Paul Custom to this day live and for recording.

Comment

Econ,

The Les Paul Classics have killer thin necks that you can shred on.

rich

Comment

Have you thought about the PRS Tremonti SE? I've read nothing but great reviews...And it costs less than the LTD.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I've read about the PRS Tremonti, but figure that it will costs me the same as if I get an ESP LTD once I add the goodies that the LTD has (emg's, tone pro bridge, locking tuners). For the Les Paul Custom owners on this forum: Is the neck too fat/rounded? How does it compare to a Jackson soloist neck?

Comment

Gte a Paul Classic. I have one. The pups are killer, the neck is sweet, nice and thin, and it just feels right to me.

I know a guy(shop) here selling your choice of mint ones for $1100 or so out the door.

Let me know if you want his info.

Shawn
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Shawn:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm definitely interested in the info. My email is:

[email protected]

Comment

Email sent.

Shawn
                        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks Shawn. I'll certainly give this guy a call tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X