X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.C. Rich guitars.

i've played alot from the imports to a real KKV

well the imports sucked balls...

and the kkv....was well very playable...
    ..but at the same time had a cheap feel to it
    and the sound was poor even with the EMG 81..

i guess its because one day a long time ago i decided to pick up a U.S.A Jackson and since then ...

well....i've never looked back...

Comment

Back in 1988 I bought 2 "Snakeskin" Gunslingers and I am still kicking myself in the ass for selling them. All other B.C.Rich's that I ever played I thought were crap except for that USA Gunslinger line they had in the late 80's.

Comment

I´ve got a NJ Ironbird which is a great axe, it has EMG 81 & 85 pickups and a Floyd mounted, it is a real killer....almost as good as my Charvel and Jackson...

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That 7 string beast is sweet!

Comment

I've played a american series Ironbird (i think it was an american, might of been an NJ). A single EMG 81 in the bridge made that thing sound like a real beast. I wish i bought it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . A friend of mine bought a snakeskin BC RICH a while ago. If he had it set up i'm sure that thing would kick ass.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

ive owned a number of bc riches in the past (incl. 3 top of the line biches)...the quality was great, the necks were inconsistent in feel to me tho...prob, because they were custom shops ordered by other people...i never had a complaint...new ones?...i have no exp. with them, been playing c/j's for the better part of 10 years now...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

you should check out the new NJ's, they have now ebony fretboards and mahogany bodies, too bad they have that shitty floyd rose, speedloader crap, and only comes in the widow headstock( i like pointy, widow is OK) but I think they are great guitars for the price and being an import...don't think there are many guitars in that price range with mahogany bodies and ebony fretboards

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                  I used to work for them during the Class Axe (more commonly referred to as the "Ass Axe") period.
                  My opinions on BCR's are the original 80's neckthrus are really the best BCR's in existance.

Even the new Handmades don't hold a candle to the quality and feel of the originals (IMO)
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow , what did u do for them ? Most of the reason the early custom shops were so good is because Neal Moser set them up i believe. He's one heck of a guy. Its nice to see some of my BCR forum friends on here. Im sure theyll agree with me on the whole neal thing.

Comment

whats up good to see more bcrich guys here. ive had many & still own a few. but i very much a prick about it I only go for pre class axe preferably 82 or earlier.

Comment

hey I back up erik about neal! good guy, that neal moser...and I love my gunslinger. have I mentioned that? haha, had to throw that in, sorry!

Comment

What’s the URL for the BCRBB? I would like to check it out.

I have an Ironbird, Beast and a V and just purchased an older neck through Warlock with a sweet AA quilt and a Widow headstock. It hasn’t arrived yet. I can’t wait to see it in person. It will be my first neck through US Rich. I love the sound out of my other BC Rich’s but they don’t play as well as my US Jacksons. I m hoping the Warlock has the killer metal sound and plays close to a Jackson. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.bcrich.com/bcrbb/

Comment

Bringer,

When I ordered my custom shop Warlock, I specified the neck to be just like a Jackson Dinky. They nailed it and I have one super playing warlock.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                            X