BC Rich Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Rich Experts

On mine the Floyd says "BC Rich" and the tuners are Grovers.

Comment

Thats what mine is too

Comment

Ok I am really confused now. I have a Gunslinger with reverse headstock made in U.S.A. no TM, grovers, slanted single hum, & B.C. Rich on the floyd. Serial BC14458 LA Clifornia. Nagel paint job. I was told it has a 1986 or 87. What the hell is it. Billy

Comment

Same here.(On the Grovers w the BC Rich Floyd)
          And on having a slinger and not knowing when it was made.(Or by who) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

hmmm i think people need to realize class axe guitars really do get a bad rap. for the most part they were good guitars. class axe guitars did have grovers tho u see gotohs on alot of them. im pretty sure the CA trem had a base plate with an open side, not closed around the post like an ofr. btw imho they made as many bad guitar post CA as they did during

Comment

It dosen't matter to me weather it is a Class Axe or earlier I just want to know what I have. If it is a Class Axe its one hell of a nice guitar.

J2379 do you mean that the Floyd dosen't completley surround the trem post.

Comment

Also, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Class Axe didn't use Grover tuners on the USA gunslingers, but instead japanese tuners.

rich

Comment

yeah, mine's the same as greg's...except I have a speed knob like on the new custom shop BC guitars...grovers...and licensed flyd, minus the bc rich...with a JB...and its nice as hell

sprry aout the new jersey thing, someone on the BCR forum told me that, go figure

Comment

I hate to say it , but the BCRBB is full of a bunch of tards now. I know alotta guys that wont even go there anymore. Its gone way downhill since the old forum.

Comment

much like the ESP board, haha, except they're a bunch of flamers, in both cases!

but yeah, i get sick of kids taklking about Mick Thompson and Chuck telling Tim to ban them...

Comment

Wow! 3 pages and we're still in total confusion.

Let's think about it this way. Licensed Floyd's didn't come out until 1987. The Jackson JT-6 was one of the very first licensed Floyds. Crummy looking Floyd copies, like these labeled "BC Rich" really didn't show up until after 1990. If I had to guess, I'd say these things were made around 93-95 just looking at the parts.

Excellent guitar, cheap Floyd and still not sure what the pickups are.

Comment

hmm, yeah, haha you're right Greg!
                          I dunno, for unnamed pickups, it was either these or the Kramer Barettas tht had unnamed Shaller humbuckers.

if your pickups are unnamed, then my Duncan JB must be after-market? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I'm confused..

p.s.-Greg you're wealth of information about guitars is astounding. I tip my hat to you, sir, and hope to learn much from you! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

do any of these guitars have date codes on the pots? mine doesnt, BTW b41XX was used at 87 NAMM, Greg BCRich used the Ibanez edge trem for at least the first year & a half of using OFR type trems. i know there were some made with real OFRs as well. Im pretty sure the LIC. trem came out right before Class Axe took, over. once that happened i stopped paying attn. to Rich so i dont know if your is after class axe. Its safe to say AP's is the only one that is possible PRE-Class Axe.
                            Ive only owned a few Bolton Richs all were B6xxx or lower & all had ibanez edge, top hat knobs, grovers, dimarzios all hardware & screws black all plastic covers are actually white plastic with a black cap, brass sheild plate.

Comment

Mine doesn't have the top hat knob.
                              It does have the brass shield plate and the pot is marked
                              M500KOA
                              87 K

I would assume that means it's made in 87?

Comment

I'm probably just adding to the confusion, but I ordered a Gunslinger in '89 with a custom graphic (don't know if that makes it a custom shop or not), and when I picked it up, the guy told me it was one of the last ones out of the factory before they sold out. Kick ass guitar BTW, with Grovers, licensed Floyd with "BC Rich" on it, no top-hat knob (knurled black knob, like my KV2), Dimarzio pickup (just said Dimarzio, no model #), serial #B72XX.
                                Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X