BC Rich Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Rich Experts

i think alot of people need to remember BCRich was doing alot of strange things just prior to the CA buy out. They were getting sloppy & starting to just slap guitar together with whatever they had laying around. from the info i have class axe was 88/89-late 94. the BCRich LIC trem, also didnt exist untill around 89. also you see more USA made guitars without GROVERS & TOP HAT knobs around the time CA took over. the info on the B7000 - B9000 serial#'s being the last of the Rico's ownership was given to me dirrectly from BCRichs custom shop in 95 or so. contrary to popular belief there were only 2-3(86-89) years of production BOLTONs prior to CA taking over. also think about it like the move to ontario from glendora. left over necks (already logo'd), many neck plates already made. do u think they junked the plates or relogo'd the necks with TM, i doubt it. as for the class axe CA prefix & TM logo, i just saw a CA custom ST without the TM logo CA### serial no neckplate had the inserts for recessed neck bolts.
    it SUX that there is little or no info on BCRich bolt ons. from what i was told years ago BCRich didnt have records on boltons unless it was a SPECIAL order.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
      Ken USA bolt ons did exist prior to then, i had one from late 86, serial#89xxx stamped into the headstock using the neckthru serial# system, it also had a kahler pro, finished neck & full actives.
      im pretty sure NOT all class axe bolt ons got the TM logo & CA prefix.
      Also from what info ive gotten Class Axe was in control by the time the got to B7000-9000 range. its was then follwed by the BC prefix. ive actually never seen a CA bolt on PLATE prefix, but have seen CA serial# stamped into headstocks.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is a good point...and one I forgot all about!
      The BC prefix were the leftovers that Charlie (Stringer) and Randy had bought from Bernie in the very beginning of Class Axe. He just used them up, which could still make them Class Axe guitars with the BC prefix. Same thing with San Dimas neckplates...you have to know the number range to tell where it was from.

Comment

Pulverizer got pics?

Comment

Good chance Pulv...

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Ken.
            Here are some pics.

I don't know why they are so small. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm hoping mine will look just like that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, I dunno about mine...it doesn;t really matter either whether it was Class axe or not, but it be effing cool to know it was all-orig. pre-class!

anyways, I'm confused also...its got the grovers, its got the No Tm on the headstock, but it has the (I guess its Class Axe type) neckplate with the LA Cali. and the BC22550, even though its been said that pre-class axes were made in new jersey? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

AP yours looks like a CA to me the angled pickups. what hardware & pickups are in there & is it original. that would help since i cant really tell much from the pics. It may very well be a CUSTOM order but i dont think 1 single & 1 hum at an angle was an early enough feature to be pre 89.

Pre ClassAxe guitars where not built in new jersey ever.

Comment

Charvelguy,

Tim Keyes told me any BC Bolt serial starting with BC13 was made from 1994-2000.

rich

Comment

Cool, thanks Rich.. so this would place it most likely post CA?

Comment

So, does that mean that my slinger (B 9146) is a pre classs axe guitar? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        If I get 3 people to chime in and all agree, I'll be satisfied. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[IMG]
                          http://www.photobucket.com/albums/10...icture_002.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG] http://www.photobucket.com/albums/10...icture_004.jpg [/IMG]

Try this again.
                          It has grover tuners.
                          No ID on the pickups though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ December 31, 2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: A.Pulverizer ]

Comment

AP sorry i dont know, it does look like a CA/ later type ST. the wider neck pocket on the bass side, slanted pups but who knows. as for the BC12xxx+ being 94-2000 i dont really know if i believe that. especially after Ken said those plates were sold to class axe, i doubt they would give them back to the rico's , when people like Ed would pay $250+ for plates he also bought alot of stuff during the buyout time. i remember going to east coast MM in the early 90's he had RACKS of logo'd neck. & bodies....& plates....

Comment

Charvelguy,

From what I know yes. Tim told me about the BC13 serial prefix & Lee Garver from GMW verified from the trem route and the kind of Licensed trem used that is was Post Class Axe. Even if they were both wrong, I don't care because it is a killer playing Gunslinger, nothing like the Class Axe ones I played back in the day.

Comment

Does the Warlock or gunslingers bridge say BC RIch or just floyd pat.?
                                I was told if the bridge says BC Rich its before class axe.
                                Thats how 1 one my gunslingers are
                                1 hum slant and a single at the neck, but I added that.. But my other one had that configuration from the factory, but the single is slanted not the hum.

Comment

Working...
                                X