Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New ESP Jeff Hanneman

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
    Hey at least Jackson has models like the Rhoads that are original, and I think all references to Fender's strat are now validated by Fender owning Jackson, and it's Fender who put the Charvel strat-head back in circulation. How many original models does ESP have? That plastic devil-girl piece of shit and.........? Their whole empire revolves around paying artists to play ESP's while trying to keep them playing by trying to convince them they're still playing an SG, King V, Soloist, etc. that they started off with by making knock-offs of such instruments.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Rhoads is nothing but a half-assed Gibson V, and it wasn't Jackson's idea in the first place, it was Randy Rhoads'. Grover Jackson just happened to be willing to build it.

How about ESP's F series? Sure, they're just bumpy Soloists but if cutting half the tip off a V is innovation, surely putting some bumps on a preexisting shape is as well. It's just as original as the Star (cut the ass end off an Explorer), the Kelly Star (make a Star pointy) and a Warrior (make it even pointier). Then you have the Jazzmaster/Les Paul/ES-335 hybrid of the Xtone.

If you're going to ***** about ESP, do it because you don't like their guitars. Don't do it about some bullshit 'innovation' issues that exist with EVERY company.

Comment

I think the electric guitar is so refined now there is really nothing left for the guitar companies to do but alter existing models. [/QB]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well i think ken parker proved that wrong. I dont think it's all been done.

Dave

Comment

Companies like Parker, Klein, Teuffel, and others are pushing the boundaries of good taste but they're not very popular. You have to innovate SLOWLY. Look at what happened to the Flying V and Explorer when they were first introduced. They were so outside what what accepted, nobody bought them. A few years later, people changed their minds about those shapes and now they're classics. You can't tell what people will buy and for companies like ESP that deal in volume, selling 20 of something just WILL NOT work.

Comment

Originally posted by mupps:
          Another shitty ESP.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope! It's another overpriced imported ESP headstockED Jackson Soloist with a Fusion's scalloped heels. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cham [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:

If you're going to ***** about ESP, do it because you don't like their guitars. Don't do it about some bullshit 'innovation' issues that exist with EVERY company.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn, you're grumpy these days! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Did Santa leave a lump of coal in your stocking? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think it's a fucking cool guitar and it's a pleasant surprise that the LTD is just like the ESP with the exception of body material and SPC-control! I do agree that the inlays look kinda weird... not bad... just weird [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What strikes me the most is the lack of a Kahler.. has he started using FR...?
              Jeff Hanneman was one of the resaons I wanted an SL2H just like he was for metafaza.

If I had the dough I would get one right away just because it's so goddamn cool! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Taken from www.slayer.net , Q&A section - Jeff:

Question:
                I was curious why do you prefer the khaler tremlo system over the floyd rose? Also why did you decide to endorse ESP when your main guitar was the Jackson? I'm sure Jackson would have gladly given you an endorsement complete with a signature Jackson Soloist by the way you kick ass!

Answer:
                1) Floyds suck 2) Because I can
                answered by Jeff
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would be surprising if he did use FRs now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

" That is called capitalism." - maybe you have right there's also another name for that : "ripping of" ;P

i was talking about ltd some posts up , cause i don't think i'll have cash for an esp and if i would have i would definitely spend it on an US rhoads not an ESp ,

but for a guitar under ( let's hope ) 1000 bucks it can be a good deal ...

metafaza contact me plz [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i don`t know what the inlays meen, but they don`t look to bad? The only difference between the ESP and the LTD is the body material, Alder vrs Maple. The Maple body would be the first thing to stop me from buying the LTD model, Maple bodies with EMG 81s equal extreme brightness, even Basswood would be better [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Alder on the LTD would deffinately get me to a store to try one at least, but not with the Maple body [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I am guessing the inlays on the LTD are MOT also and the ESP has MOP? Jack.

Comment

Lots of signature guitars have very little input from the artists. Most of the time, the companies will hand them a guitar, and say, "This is gonna be your signature guitar." I imagine thats why its got a FR on it..........

Comment

It's predecessor did have a Kahler, though - I guess it's just that it'd sell better with a Floyd, seeing as a Kahler is a rather uncommon trem unit nowadays.

Comment

Kahlers dont sell thats why its got a OFR. how to make a high quality expensive guitar worth almost nuthing.....put a kahler on it. also i think artist have alot more imput with ESP than just being handed a guitar & being told thats your signature model.
                          I wonder if ESP has templates of charvel/Jackson necks since alot of thier player were C/J players.
                          BTW the bevel in the horn is NOT a fusion rip off, ESPs M1 custom had that & was around way before the fusion....hell i miss my M1 custom.

Comment

Couldn't the reason for ESP changing the trem on Hanneman's sig. model be that they ran out of Kahlers? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by mudkicker:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                              originally quoted by sephiroth
                              Their whole empire revolves around paying artists to play ESP's while trying to keep them playing by trying to convince them they're still playing an SG, King V, Soloist, etc.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is called capitalism. That is why they aren't owned by Fender....yet. If they keep signing has beens from the eighties they to will be sold to the highest bidder. Most of the ESPs I have owned are from the late eighties to early nineties. They have all been Lynch models of some sort. That era of ESP the quality was superior and they stood behind their work. I had a new tiger that the volume pot went out of. Called ESP in new york I shipped it out it was back in a week. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Speaking of Lynch (and mustain amd a few others), ESP's ranks are filled with has-beens as well. Some of them pulled from other companies after their careers lost their steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                                Hey at least Jackson has models like the Rhoads that are original, and I think all references to Fender's strat are now validated by Fender owning Jackson, and it's Fender who put the Charvel strat-head back in circulation. How many original models does ESP have? That plastic devil-girl piece of shit and.........? Their whole empire revolves around paying artists to play ESP's while trying to keep them playing by trying to convince them they're still playing an SG, King V, Soloist, etc. that they started off with by making knock-offs of such instruments.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Rhoads is nothing but a half-assed Gibson V, and it wasn't Jackson's idea in the first place, it was Randy Rhoads'. Grover Jackson just happened to be willing to build it.

How about ESP's F series? Sure, they're just bumpy Soloists but if cutting half the tip off a V is innovation, surely putting some bumps on a preexisting shape is as well. It's just as original as the Star (cut the ass end off an Explorer), the Kelly Star (make a Star pointy) and a Warrior (make it even pointier). Then you have the Jazzmaster/Les Paul/ES-335 hybrid of the Xtone.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Rhoads is still an original model put out by Jackson. Does it bother me that Rhoads designed it? No since it is called the Rhoads. Sure I know Jackson didn't invent most of it's ideas, but ESP's whole selling point is selling KO's of guitars originating elsewhere under the "name brand" of a signature model, and it gets old after a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X