Blues Saraceno Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Saraceno Yamaha

Anyone have any info about these. I found one in pretty good shape for a decent price. From my memory the one I looked at didn't have the plaid over the entire body....just the front. Did his sig. model have the plaid over the entire guitar? It did have the green dot inlays and the reverse headstock however.

Any info...esp. pictures would be appreciated.

TIA

Re: Blues Saraceno Yamaha

Wow! I'd be willing to bet you've stumped the panel here! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

You've found the right one! Made for a couple years in the early 90's. I always wanted one and I found one at a local music store. They wanted too much and the thing played like ASS so I left it. Probably still there. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That was one of their RGX or RGZ series from those days, wasn't it? Those are nice guitars, but not worth a lot of money. I wouldn't go over $200 unless it's mint and setup perfectly, with hsc.
        If you have to have it then only you can
        decide what it's worth. I paid $300 for my neck-through RGX1221S, but it's basically a short-scale Soloist visually,
        structurally and sonically. It was near mint with ohsc too. The Saraceno is a bolt-neck and he was never that famous, so his sig model is probably not worth much unless you like him. The Pacifica
        1221M (Bill Leverty of Firehouse's axe) is probably worth more, and you see them go for $250 regularly with hsc.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies thus far. They have it tagged at $399 (don't know if that includes the case). The only reason I want it is b/c I consider it a relic of a time since forgotten the end of an era (hair metal). It is undoubtedly one of the ugliest guitars I have ever seen......but if there is no mistaking it either. I'm not sure on how well it plays yet..I noticed it in the store on my way out and didn't really have time to plug in w/ it. I'll probably go back next week and give it a good going over and try to haggle on the price some.

BTW......does anyone know if the "plaid" pattern extended to the back of the guitar.....or was it just the front?

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            That was one of their RGX or RGZ series from those days, wasn't it?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it was part of the RGZ series, IIRC. I have a couple mid '90s Yamaha catalogs somewhere around that I've got to dig up that had the Blues model. They were cool!!
            I had an RGZ321P that was pretty neat. It was H/S/H with a Floyd copy that I took out and put a real Floyd in, and the pups had a huge midrange crunch and sounded like a wah pedal stuck in the middle. The locking nut was also adjustable and you could raise or lower the action with a tiny allen wrench. I don't know why other companies didn't catch on and use that nut feature; it was awesome!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have one in plaid. Its the model# RGX820R. The bluebook shows list price was originally $1050, made from '93 to '95, in 98% cond listed at $625, in 95% cond $525, in 90% cond $450.

It is a good guitar, plays nicely, neck has good shape and feel (very Jackson/Charvel like). The Bridge pickup should be the Duncan PA-TB3 Blues Saraceno Trembucker "PA-TB3 -- Created in the Custom Shop for Blues Saraceno, this pickup had to have the tone of the great old Gibson® P.A.F. and the power to cut through for Blues' unique and sometimes over-the-top style. Put this pickup in and you'll sound big, bad and plaid! Available in black only".

The front of the guitar is plaid, the back is black. Mine is hand-signed on the back by Blues in gold marker (mine's #9).

There's not too many of these in plaid around (bluebook lists these also being made in all black and metallic red). $350 to $399 out the door with case would be reasonable.

Definitely go in and play it and haggle on the price and let us know!

Comment

All this talk has got me wanting to check out the one around here again! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The adjustable nut is a brilliant idea. I have an adjustable nut on my bass, and the ability to raise and lower it makes getting a good setup very simple.

Comment

Awesome. I'm going to go back out there next weekend (its a 2 hour drive) and see what I can come up with. I'll keep everyone posted!!

Comment

i'm looking for buying one! for 300 euros

Comment

Thread resurection.

Comment

<font color="aqua">I've actually been looking at those as well and it seems the prices are rising?

ebay blues/ CLICK ME!! </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Thread resurection.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah, really. I've noticed this Tibiuccio guy doing that to a few old threads recently. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X